Need advice!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Need advice!!

Postby Sue1962 » 28 Nov 2011, 08:26

Hello all,
I am so tired of all of this...I have been doing well for the last couple of weeks. Actually, got to the point of only minimal pain, just a little sting after BM and spasms were completely gone. Several days ago, I started having the burning, and spasms after a BM for hours again Image I have not changed a thing. Still eating well, taking my usual "poison", lots of water etc... My skin tag feels like it is the size of a golf ball, but it is not only the size of a small raisin. I have had my poor husband inspect my butt (what a trooper) he says the tear goes from the inside of my butt into the skin tag Image I could tell, just the way it feels. I have not had any blood for months...so I don't understand why the severe burning and spasms. I feel like I have little cuts around the whole area. My butt is so tight a pipecleaner wouldn't fit (though I would never attempt to put one there) Thankfully, I am on vacation this week and I have an appt with CRS on Thursday after waiting almost 4 weeks, but that was my choice since he is 2 hours away and I wanted to wait until I was off. I think I could have gotten in there within 2 weeks. Actually, I was so impressed with his office. They called twice to see how I was feeling and if I wanted to come sooner if I was in too much pain and I have never been there before, I am a new patient. That was very comforting. Even though I am a nurse, I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to myself, but I also have a very high pain tolerence, but this thing really tests that!!! All of the ointments and creams have stopped working and really just irritate more than anything now. I am using advil which takes a big edge off and xanax if the spasms are too bad. Just don't understand this setback, usually I know if I have pushed too hard or wiped too much, but this time nothing. I am thinking b/c this thing is so chronic, nothing but surgery will help. Which I will welcome happily, but that too has to be put off until after Jan. 1st as others in my office have vacations coming up. I am also almost 49 and have not had a period in 3 months :oops: and the hot flashes are killing me!!! I get them in the day and night as well so of course the sweats that accompanies these flashes burn the hell out of it Image I am very anxious about my upcoming appt, but ready to take the 1st step of getting my life back. 3 years is too long to suffer. Sorry for the TMI, and long post, just at my wits end.. Thanks everyone Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: Need advice!!

Postby TonyStone » 28 Nov 2011, 10:17

Best of luck Sue, I hope it works out for you.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Sue1962 » 28 Nov 2011, 11:17

Hey Thanks Tony,
I just can't wait to be on the other side of this!! How are you doing since your LIS?? I am assuming great.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 28 Nov 2011, 20:58

Good Luck with your appointment Sue. I hope you are able to get your surgery soon! I know you won't regret it hon Image You will be kicking yourself for not having it sooner!
All those soft bm's that are still causing re-tears and pain will work like a charm once you get your new looser sphincter. It's amazing how well things work without clenching and tightness. I hope your appointment goes well and peace comes upon you with your decision to move forward.

Postby Sue1962 » 29 Nov 2011, 06:57

Thank you so much Dawn Image I am really going for this b/c of you!!! Your postings and all of your info have helped me more than you know. I am so thankful that I found this board, it really has helped me so much, knowing that I am not alone in the horrible pain. I hope your right and everything goes well and I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. It makes me a bit anxious though, b/c I know some have not had it so easy even after surgery. I am trying to remain positive about the whole thing. Thanks again Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist