Having too many BM's daily...need advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Having too many BM's daily...need advice

Postby Sue1962 » 03 Dec 2011, 12:59

Okay, I am pooping my brains out. Yesterday x9 and today x5. I am taking only 1 to 1 1/2 TBSP of MOM nightly with 8oz water, eating all my high fiber foods, and drinking water. My system is so sensitive. I know everyone says Mirilax, but I am afraid the whole cap will be too much. My CRS wants me to start Metamucil or benefiber, again my system is so sensitive and that stuff constipates me...Uggg at my wits end Image I am trying to get my BM to 1 or 2 a day nice and fluffy, solid, and soft 1 log (sorry) :oops: instead of all of these little soft pieces several times a day and be able to go without pushing before my surgery, the deep breathing is not working and I still have to push a little to get things started. I am so pissed at this whole situation!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks Sue
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: Having too many BM's daily...need advice

Postby StevePain » 03 Dec 2011, 14:39

I was having too many BM's from Miralax and had to quit using it, I believe it was causing more pain than it was doing good, I was having up to 10 BM's a day or more on a really bad day, too many BM's just cause the pain levels to rise, I then started on Fybogel which helped bulk up my stools and I went to the loo less but got rid of more in one go, much better than 10 times a day.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 03 Dec 2011, 15:11

Sue,
I go once, and sometimes, rarely twice a day- with a little less than 1/2 of the cap of the Miralax. There was a time when I was taking a full dose right after surgery and once I started eating really well and plenty of fiber it started to produce 3 to 4 bm's, so I cut it down in the tiniest amounts and would give it a few days before cutting more until I reached the point I'm at now. I wish we were all more alike and I was able to say what will work exactly, but as you already know...
I think a lot of it depends on what you're eating along with the stool softeners too.
Maybe cut back on the MOM just a little at a time and give it a few days before making any more adjustments.

Postby Sue1962 » 03 Dec 2011, 21:04

Thanks for responding!! I think I will leave the MOM alone and try a 1/2 cap of Miralax and see what happens. Can't be any worse than what's been happening lately.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36