One week post LIS update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

One week post LIS update

Postby Jojo1 » 24 Nov 2011, 05:06

Hello all;
Well, had my LIS last Tuesday and have had the most peaceful, pain-free week I've had in six months almost. I still have had no bleeding at all and even though I have been reducing my miralax, my stools are still soft (not watery, though). I am afraid to make too big a leap in chnaging, so I am going to continue doing it slowly.
Some itching started yesterday, which may be part healing, but also very like the itching I had over the last two years that weakened the area anyway. So far, A&D with aloe has helped.
Yesterday afternoon, started having a prickly feeling, especially when walking, like something sticking me in that area. I examined gently after my soak and felt "something" that I am suspecting is the stitches dissolving and coming out. I am afraid to tamper with it though. I am content to let them come out naturally as long as I know what it is. What did it feel like when your stitches dissolved or came out?
That's all for now. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Re: One week post LIS update

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2011, 16:27

Hey JoJo,
Sorry your post never got answered!
I didn't have stitches but my CRS did tell me there would be a prickly feeling there and it was my fissure.
Hopefully someone who has had stitches can add, but meanwhile I agree with not tampering with anything in that area.
PS...
I was told not to use any ointments in that area for 4 weeks because that area needed to air. I know all CRS's are different, just making sure you got the ok on that from your CRS. I think a lot of the itching comes from moisture in that area Image But it's all pretty normal. Hopefully you are doing better with that by now :)

Re: One week post LIS update

Postby Jojo1 » 07 Dec 2011, 12:51

Thanks for the reply. I only used the A&D a couple of days as I began to notice an odor and then a bright yellow discharge started. It wasn't a strong odor and I've been in contact with my CRS about. They advised to keep an eye on it and let them know if I have fever, increased pain/swelling, increase in discharge or stronger smell.
My regular follow up is tomorrow and the discharge has been the same since last week. About a nickel to quarter size mid morning with less throughout the day as I change the gauze. I'll see what he says when he examines it tomorrow.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34