Had Botox done 8 days ago for anal fissure.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Had Botox done 8 days ago for anal fissure.

Postby Mike530 » 12 Nov 2011, 08:47

Good morning everyone,
So I have been dealing with a chronic fissure for about 5 years now, but didn't realize it till about 3 months ago. I had an appointment to have surgery which a fissurectomy with botox would be done last friday, so I was put under and the CRS went in. I guess my Anal fissure wasn't bad enough to operate on, so they just did the botox, and it is now 8 days later and I am still in pain post BM and pretty much through out the day. I wasn't completely sure why he didn't do anything the fissure, and still am not but I gave the Dr. the benefit of the doubt obviously. So, I guess my question is: Am I prematurely freaking out? I also had 2 internal hemorrhoids removed as well, so I may sure that is adding to the pain. I know its only been 8 days, but I just want to be done with this. Those who had botox done, how long did it take to see any result? I definitely feel that my anal spinchter is almost numb, but my pain feels internally. What do you guys think? I can see they want to be conservative, but I really don't want to and I was under the impression that they were on the same page with me going into surgery, but I had no communication with the CRS that operated on me beforehand which I know didn't help at all. Anyway, sorry to rant. I have been keeping BM's soft with Miralax (which is a godsend), so no problems there but they are always as painful as they were before. thanks for listening.
Mike
Mike530
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Had Botox done 8 days ago for anal fissure.

Postby dwarfs8 » 12 Nov 2011, 10:06

hi mike, i think the removal of the internal hemms is the reason of your pain. If you read from others' experiences and from the internet, you will know that hemms removal take much longer period of recovery. My fren took months before his pain went away. Not trying to scare you and definitely it depends largely on individual's ability to heal too, you probably need another week/more for the pain to settle down.
whichever it is, do keep us updated here.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Savaici » 12 Nov 2011, 10:48

I agree with dwarfs8 about the hemms. I have had that done three times...so I empathise with you. Easy to say to be patient, but it will go away.
If you do a search on here for Botox, the experiences of a lot of boardies who have had it will. Good idea to see what others did afterwards.
Hope everything improves very soon. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Mike530 » 13 Nov 2011, 08:20

Thanks for the advice, didn't realize that hemmeroid removal would be such a big deal. I have been bleeding more lately too which sucks. Thanks again.
Mike530
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 13 Nov 2011, 11:33

Just noticed that my sentence disappeared in my post to you, Mike. It should have read the experiences of a lot of boardies will show up. Hemms are especially painful; try to sleep/relax as much as possible. Are you using a Sitz Bath and not rubbing at anything?
Really hope the pain is decreasing. As far as I was concerned, hemmorhoids were worse than giving birth... Image
Keep in touch.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby wecc » 21 Nov 2011, 07:02

Hi Mike.....how are you feeling, is the botox workng for you? i was to have a LIS next week, however now that the pain went from a 10 to a 2 for more than 15 days, the CRS said we should try the botox first....Just trying to think if I am putting of the lIS and this is wishful thinking....
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Mike530 » 08 Dec 2011, 18:41

wecc wrote:Hi Mike.....how are you feeling, is the botox workng for you? i was to have a LIS next week, however now that the pain went from a 10 to a 2 for more than 15 days, the CRS said we should try the botox first....Just trying to think if I am putting of the lIS and this is wishful thinking....

Hi wecc,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am still experiencing the same pain after BM's that I had prior to the botox. The one thing that botox has is completely eliminate pain when sneezing..lol. I had a hemmeroidectomy for 2 large internal hemmeroids though, and had a post op appt and they said I should be getting better by now. I am really feeling down now about all of this. I think the next step may be testing for pelvic floor dysfunction. Anyone else taking a long time recovering from a hemmeroidectomy?
Mike530
Fibre Addict