looking back......

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

looking back......

Postby happyass » 08 Oct 2007, 07:30

okay i was thinking about the time when a lot of us were having hard tipped poos! and how we were trying to cope and deal with them.
if you are not having any more hard tipped poos, could you look back and maybe make a connection to what you are doing different now compared to back then to get rid of your hard tipped poos?
i am beginning to think that raisins were my true enemy. i use to put raisins in all my oatmeals and when i would make rice or couscous or in salads. and i would have hard tipped and very clay-stretchy poos that were dry and tough to get out.
now without having raisins in my diet, everything has really turned around.
odd. as i thought raisins were awesome!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: looking back......

Postby Guest » 08 Oct 2007, 07:41

I was doing okay until a few days ago with avoiding the hard tip. I have been doing a MOM/Miralax cocktail in a small amount and that really seemed to help. I had to up my cymbalta and I think it is effecting the quality of my bms. I am hoping my body will adjust soon.

Re: looking back......

Postby happyass » 08 Oct 2007, 07:47

well i think that makes sense that your poos are hard if you uped the cymbalta. i know when i started taking the cymbalta it was back to constipation. i had my colonoscopy in feb. and i started the cymbalta two months after and it was a bit frustrating as i had to deal with constipation again.
so i think in june that is when i started the chinese herbs to help that.
cymbalta causes constipation. that's about the worse side effect i have had from it.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74