After Laser surgery for fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

After Laser surgery for fissure

Postby saradev » 07 Sep 2011, 09:48

Hi frns,
this is my first post here.I was suffering from fissure from Nov 2010. This july 2011 i had an laser surgery as suggested by the doctor.Things were normal after that but now after 2 months after the surgery today i had blood drops in the stools and i realy feel like hell. I was crying from morning and i have lost hope in everything i feel much worried .. i dono what to do. I don have hope in my life anymore.. my dad passed away last year now im crying to the core i dont have anyone to take care of me.. plz tell me some suggestions plz. have i got fissure again?.. what do i do am really confused..plz help me.. Image Image
saradev
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: After Laser surgery for fissure

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2011, 10:05

Hi there,
I wish I knew more about the laser surgery and could offer some advice. Most of us here had LIS, Botox,etc and I have no clue how the laser surgery is done or the outcome. I think we had one other post that was made by someone who had some type of laser surgery.
I can say from many experiences on here with anal surgery- it's not unheard of to see blood again through out healing. So don't panic just yet. If you haven't had spasms and your procedure seemed to work, then you probably still have a shot at healing.
I'm not sure if the laser surgery is done like LIS...
LIS loosens the muscle which is preventing the fissure from re-tearing, so if that's what's done with laser surgery then you will probably still heal.
I'm very sorry about the loss of your Dad Image

Postby saradev » 07 Sep 2011, 10:15

Thanks for your reply.. yes last month i went to meet the surgeon .He checked it and said the muscles are loose nothing to worry.but 2months is quite long period rite?... will it take much more time than this to heal?..
saradev
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2011, 10:48

a fissure usually takes 6-8weeks to heal after surgery, but that area will take months-years to re-gain strength like a fissure never happened. It's really important to keep a good diet/ stool softener for quite awhile after your fissure has healed.
There's a lot of info in the surgery threads and diet and supplement threads that you may find helpful.

Postby val » 08 Sep 2011, 10:31

If the muscle is loose then any reatear will heal quite quickly. And Dawn is right - it will take a long time for it to fully heal, and you will have to keep up your "fissure regime" for a while.
Stress can make it worse too.
I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby phxman » 14 Nov 2011, 17:12

how did this go for you? i'm also considering laser anal fissure surgery
phxman

Topics: 2

Postby dwarfs8 » 14 Nov 2011, 18:36

Hi Saradev, be strong. Ur story sounds rather similar to me, I had miscarriage in apr, got the fissure after that, 5 months of trying to heal myself, while taking care of my last stage lung cancer mom, who has passed away in sept. Everything came Tog in this half a yr, it's a miracle I am still sane. God is gracious, he gave me church frens and frens on this board to pull me thru.
U mentioned u have blood, but how's the pain like on a scale of ten? Is the pain during or after bm?
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby saradev » 10 Dec 2011, 09:42

hi dwarfs8, now pain is subsided but it pains a little once in a week .. wen i apply cream it goes off n again i get it.. am totallly scared.. wen will it get cured ..am totally pissed off and am eating only diet foods not the normal food.. plz help
saradev
Fibre Addict

Postby dwarfs8 » 10 Dec 2011, 17:59

have u went back to the crs for a review to see how's ur fissure doing now?
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby saradev » 13 Dec 2011, 10:59

Doc said am ok now.. no fissure but am wondering y is der a pain once in a week or den.. !! he said might be a problem with bowel movements n gave me liquid paraffin to control constipation..
saradev
Fibre Addict