Pre-Op/Post-Op Grocery List

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pre-Op/Post-Op Grocery List

Postby matrix » 13 Dec 2011, 21:53

Fellow Forum Members,
I am dreading my first post operation bowel movement (BM) and I have not even been operated on yet! I am scheduled for LIS next Thursday and in an effort to have the least painful post-op BM I want to change my diet starting this coming Sunday.
Can anyone out there help me develop a pre-op / post-op grocery list? From reading a bunch of links I have learned that I need to eat a lot of fruit, vegtables, fiber, and liquids. However, I am looking for more specifics. I want to plan out my food intake for the two weeks following this coming Sunday. So for example, next Monday I don't want to think about what I am suppose to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition, if Jello is on the menu, I want to spend my Saturday preparing enough Jello to last me for 2 weeks. I need to have everything prepared because I am a bachelor and I don't have anyone to go to the market for me, hence the reason why I want help in creating a Pre-Op/Post-Op Grocery List. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
matrix

Topics: 2

Re: Pre-Op/Post-Op Grocery List

Postby val » 14 Dec 2011, 02:29

A lot of it will be down to personal choice! And what works for you personally.
After your surgery, you'll probably not feel like eating too much - soup made with fresh veggies is a good choice, or fish and veg?
It's a great idea to get organized now, as you'll know what works well and what doesn't. Also, it's important to get the stool softeners into a routine that works too.
Are you taking miralax/movicol? It will be your very best friend after surgery! If you play around with the dosage now, you will be an expert at it by the time you have the LIS!
Best of luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: Pre-Op/Post-Op Grocery List

Postby Sue1962 » 14 Dec 2011, 06:27

Val is right, it takes playing around with the dosage of miralax, but when you get it right it is a miracle!! I was using MOM for months which produced way too many BMs per day. I have found that 1 capful of miralax does the trick, it took a few days to get to the right dose, but now I don't have to push at all!!! This is the best my butt has felt in 6 months...I eat lots of fiber and drink tons of water, don't take any supplements as they are to bulking for me. I know exactly how you feel about post op pooping, I too am scheduled for surger 1/9/12 and want everything to be as relaxed and least stressful as possible. Try the miralax it works like a charm!! I think as long as you have that on board and eat a good diet you should have no probles...Good luck
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36