help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

help

Postby jayneg » 14 Dec 2011, 16:33

Hi, new to site so glad i have found you all, got my fissure end of september , first of all i was just aware of my bottom. Gp diagnosed fissure with a skin tag , creams, creams vaseline etc tried GTN no good got terrible heads and palpitations i feel im back to square one again . When i wake in the morning feel fine soon as i poo sure as anything, burning sometimes hours after, sometimes straight away . Nothing takes the feeling away apart from living in a bath !!!!! Sometimes its stinging like hell sometimes its just an uncomfortable feeling up there im so fed up , been reduced to tears on few occasions ....When i walk feels like my bum cheeks are clenched together everthing is an effort , is this normal for a fissure ????
jayneg

Topics: 1

Re: help

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2011, 21:42

Hey there,
Just wanted to say Welcome. :) Sorry you have to be here though!
It sounds like you are experiencing the good ole spasms with the clenched together feeling, somethings up there and the burning Image . I remember that feeling all to well.

Postby dwarfs8 » 15 Dec 2011, 02:12

hi jayneg, u probably shld see a CRS instead of a GP...
Also, have you checked out the thread "my success story"?
if all else fails, let the LIS help you to loosen the stubbornly tight muscles..
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Davo » 15 Dec 2011, 03:42

Jayneg,
I was diagnosed with my fissure around a similar time to you. If GTN is giving you bad headaches try reducing the dosing until the headaches become more bearable - If that does not work maybe speak with your doctor about diltiazem which has similar success rates to GTN but without the headaches.
Make sure you drink lots of water, take stool softeners and increase your fibre intake to make your digestive transit more smoothly. Also maybe try taking magnesium tablets as they make your stools into a kind of toothpaste texture which helps with the pain during your toilet visits.
Also take plenty of baths and where possible straight after a bowel movement - my doctor also suggested using cotton wool dipped in warm water rather than use toilet roll.
I dont know where you are located but if its in the UK you dont have the option to visit a CRS until you are referred by a doctor but dont let people worry about LIS yet as its way to early to consider any form of surgery (thats just a last resort if all else fails)
By the way all your symptoms are typical of a fissure.
Good Luck
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

re help

Postby jayneg » 17 Dec 2011, 16:05

thanks for your replies it defo helps when im feeling very low , means so much , people think its nothing but feeling uncomfy all the time aint much fun .The burning ,the uncomfy feeling is horrid
jayneg

Topics: 1

Postby dwarfs8 » 17 Dec 2011, 20:03

ya, none of my frens or even my mom or hubby understands how painful it is. I was almost suicidal with that fissure too, i can't walk, stand or sit. I felt absolutely worthless n helpless. But thank God, all these has ended...
so there's light at the end of the tunnel, hope u have read "my success story" thread for some ideas in the meantime.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19