Movicol - Swollen ankles and stomach

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Movicol - Swollen ankles and stomach

Postby Two Years Gone » 03 Jan 2012, 08:10

I have been taking macrogol(version of movicol) for over a month now but before the Christmas holidays I started to notice my stomach swelling more than normal and also some swelling around my ankles. I am normally 8 1/2 stone (for the last 13 years) and have put on 3 or 4 pounds quickly not related to festive eating.
Is Macrogol/Movicol causing this and does it relate to not drinking enough fluids.
I have already spoken to my GP about this and he moved me from Macrogol to the real Movicol as some patients had complained about reactions to this.
I really need to be on Movicol as it is working for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
Two Years Gone
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Movicol - Swollen ankles and stomach

Postby cherylk » 03 Jan 2012, 19:07

I am unfamiliar with Macrogol. As far as Movicol/Miralax, I've been taking it for several years now and have never heard of such a reaction. I drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to drink a lot of water. Drinking water also helps the digestive process. Good luck.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46