Feeling a bit useless (partner has an AF)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Feeling a bit useless (partner has an AF)

Postby Sue1962 » 06 Jan 2012, 06:15

Hi Karen, so glad he is on the other side of this. I am having surgery and beside myself with anxiety!!! Image I have had this way too long and tired of it controlling my life...so I am doing it too. The anticipation of everything is what is so stressfull, but soon, I am hoping to be back on my Harley and this is a thing of the past!!! Let us know how he is doing!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 06 Jan 2012, 12:06

Hey Sue,
I went 4 wheeler riding a couple of months after my surgery(in the bumpy woods) , so I'd say that Harley is in your near future. :)

Postby KarenG » 06 Jan 2012, 12:54

Hi Sue
Everyone is different (and anything I say is easy to say because I'm not the one suffering!) but having gone through weeks of hell watching my other half suffer, and watching him now...all i can say is that its like two different people! He is so HAPPY! He's been terrified today as he knew the first BM was on the way but to cut a long story short....it was pretty pain free. It stung a little bit but only for a minute and then....nothing! No spasms.....no hours in the bath after...no ice pack required. We had our first meal together as a family this evening for ages. He was getting used to eating very late when the pain was finally subsiding.
No surgery is good surgery and even just the general area it involves is enough to make anyone nervous, but my partners experience so far has been nothing other than fantastic. Once hes feeling up to it and not so sleepy I'll get him to write his own account on the surgery forum. So try not to worry too much Sue. After watching my partner I always thought that nothing could be any worse, even surgery, and so far that has definately been the case xx
KarenG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Sue1962 » 07 Jan 2012, 06:23

Thank you so much Karen. I have been such a mess lately!!! Up and down, I think the anticipation of the whole thing just plays head games with all of us facing surgery. As I have posted before, not worried about the surgery, just the couple of days after. Is your husband taking pain meds?? Sounds like he is doing very well!!! So happy to read success stories about after surgery. I am sure he will continue to do well, and thank you for sharing your story. My husband has been such a saint!!! after being miserable for 3 years on/off, more on lately, for the past 8 months!! I know it's time to get over this and get my life back...That would be awesome if he could post when he feels up to it. I will be doing the same!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby KarenG » 08 Jan 2012, 11:18

Hi again Sue
My other half has now posted on the surgery board ....think he's called it something along the lines of 'positive LIS experience' and hes on as Forrestgump.
But day 4 post op and he's just joined me for a gentle stroll round the shops and a cappuccino...something we haven't done for weeks!! He took the hospital prescribed pain killers for 2 days post op then stopped. He's on antibiotics but thats it...no painkillers for 2 days. He doesn't need them at the moment but from what he says I think if he was uncomfortable paracetamol would probably sort him out. I think the trip out has wiped him out a bit as he's just generally tired more than anything but it feels weired being almost 'normal' again!
I really hope your experience is as positive as my partners has been. We'll be thinking of you xx
KarenG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1