post op day 1!!! So glad to be on the other side!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

post op day 1!!! So glad to be on the other side!!!

Postby Sue1962 » 10 Jan 2012, 13:43

Hello All, I am happy to report, I survived!!!!LOL. I was a total wreck inside, but noone really knew, I held it together like a champ, thought of all of you and you lived to tell about it and it totally helped. This was my day yesterday.
Left home at 10 a.m arrived at the hospital at 12. Checked in and was immediately taken to my room for preop stuff, pee, IV started, weight. My husband was there the whole time, thank god!! Nurse came in got the rest of my vitals, my CRS came in and assured me I would live LOL... and he would take very good care of me. Anesthesiologist came in told me I would be twilighted with Propofol, Fentanyl, and Versed. He gave me some happy medicine at 2:15 and wisked me to the OR. I was pretty buzzed and feeling great. I got on a crazy table on my stomach and they reclined it down so my head was down looking at his shoes... I heard the nurse say wow nice tattoo,thats all I remember, I was out like a light!!
Next thing I was awake in PACU looked at the clock it was 2:40. The nurse gave me something to drink, I asked her how long my surgery was and she said 9 minutes. I was like WHAT?? I have been so freaked out for so long about 9 minutes and laughed at myself. Was only in PACU like 20 minutes, then wheeled me to post op recovery got my hubby and sat me in a chair. Told me if I had to pee i could go which i did. On the road at 4 to come home. Started feeling a little discomfort 4:30, ate some crackers and took a 800mg Motrin and was fine by the time we got home at 6. Ate some soup and high fiber english muffin, drank water and took my Miralax. Took the external bandge off and hopped in the tub. Took another Motrin at 10:30 tried to smoke but really didn't want it so put it out.. Slept like a baby all night!!!
I had an internal gel foam packing as well and CRS told me it would come out with my first poop, but since that didn't happen this morning I took it out myself, had a lot of gas and was hard to pass with that cork in..LOL...I was hoping to have a BM already but have not as of yet, so decided to take some miralax and will take another dose tonight along with some prunes and hopefully things will bust loose in the morning. I cannot believe how good I feel. I am tired and sore and bruised but I have not taken 1 percocet, I actually cut the Motrin to 400mg this morning. I have been soaking in the tub, drinking water and eating. Trying to get back in my rountine so I can hopefully have a BM tomorrow.
The nurse called to check on me and said to up the Miralax to 2x a day so I will for now. I cannot believe how easy this all was, I was so stressed and freaked for nothing. I do feel some pinches at times, but I think it is where he injected me for the ride home. My cut is a 9 oclock and kind of stingy at times, but hell I can live with that!!! Just hope I don't get constipated, but not gonna stress that, it will happen eventually. Thank all of you, especially you Dawn for all of your comforting words and getting me through my toughest days. I am hoping with each passing day, I feel better and better!!! Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: post op day 1!!! So glad to be on the other side!!!

Postby Sue1962 » 10 Jan 2012, 14:17

I forgot to add, I have some swelling going on, what can you do to help that. It just feels weird and when I do have a BM don't want the swelling to interfere
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby grannymaria » 10 Jan 2012, 14:54

Image Welcome back sweetie.. Plz follow the doc's orders and don't overdo anything.. even if ur feeling like u can - plz take care.. Image
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sue1962 » 10 Jan 2012, 15:13

Thank you so much and don't worry about me doing too much, I am not doing anything!!! my husband won't let me. My mother in law brought dinner over...Lasagna, garlic bread and salad. I will be dining on high fiber ministrone soup and maybe some salad...not ready for all that cheese!!! LOL it is the thought that counts and my hubby will enjoy it...sooo taking it easy for now and the next few days as i took 2 weeks off from work, my CRS said I could go back in 2-4 days, not for me!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 10 Jan 2012, 15:37

Sue,
I am so happy that I can barely type!! Image
Congratulations!! Image
You are doing all the right things so I don't see any need to go on about all of that, Lol!
Take care, plenty of rest :) Image I sent you a PM.

Postby KarenG » 10 Jan 2012, 16:19

I'm so pleased it all went well!! Image
Take it easy and look after yourself.
Its 6 days post op for my partner and hes on no pain killers, hes walking the dog and hes just been food shopping! I love his surgeon :D
KarenG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Sue1962 » 10 Jan 2012, 17:00

I love mine too. He called this afternoon to see how I was feeling and all the usual questions. Awesome man. I only have great things to say about Anne Arrundel Med Ctr and Dr. Proshan!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby sterlingbird » 10 Jan 2012, 18:43

So glad to hear how well you are doing. Take care. I am happy for you.
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8