New problem...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

New problem...

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 12:01

OMG! I have been feeling really raw along with the itching and burning. I discovered a couple of small (size of mosquito bite) bumps on the outside of the rectum. I put some antibiotic ointment on them and felt immediate relief. What is this?
Jennie

Re: New problem...

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 12:05

Maybe they are external hemorrhoids? They can feel like little bumps.

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 12:35

Lecia wrote:Maybe they are external hemorrhoids? They can feel like little bumps.

Could they be white if they are hemmies? I don't see any puss or anything though.
Jennie

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Oct 2007, 12:46

A prolapsed hemorrhoid should feel bigger than a mosquito bite. Is it on the surface of the skin around the anus or does it seem to be coming out of the anus?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 14:27

No hemmies are bluish purplish in color.
I am not sure what the white bumps could be-a stab in the dark would be thrush-like a yeast infection. I would see the doctor and check with him. Any new development warrants a visit.

Postby buttgirl » 11 Oct 2007, 12:12

Yes, and keep us posted. I have often wondered if people can get rectal yeast infections like they get vaginal yeast infections. I am prone to the latter, so I know well what they feel like, and I can tell you that, on my worst strings of days, my bum has very much felt like it has a yeast infection. I am also surprised by how well tinactin seems to work for some folks--it is an antifungal and seems to clear up the fissure fairly quickly for some.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67