They shoot horses, Why not me?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

They shoot horses, Why not me?

Postby rasmith3530 » 12 Jan 2012, 08:19

Barely slept a wink last night. Had a BM about 9PM, quite painful both during and after. Had two Norco 10-325 from earlier laying around and took them about 11:30PM. They barely took the edge off the pain. Still feeling EXTREMELY raw this morning and slight blood when wiping bottom. I just want to die.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Re: They shoot horses, Why not me?

Postby Savaici » 12 Jan 2012, 08:39

Hi rasmith353o,
Sorry you're feeling so rotten. Do read wecc's posts. He went through hell (and he's an ex marine), so don't feel bad about feeling so bad.
A real routine is necessary. Not sure how you 'run' your day, but basically, this is how I run mine. Basics: not too much food, not an overload of water, but definitely enough to keep things soft; Mirelax (most here take that, I take a small amount of Milk of Magnesia); try not to strain, use a Sitz bath after each BM. (I use it about three times at the end of my BMs.) Sorry, if too much info, but there you go. Try not to stress out - only makes the pain worse. I also take a very small dose of Lorazapam for the spasms. I don't use pain killers.
All the best.
Savaici
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Davo » 12 Jan 2012, 09:09

apply some vaseline before your BM as it helps lubricate and keeps things smoother. Also take a magnesium tablet each day - it makes BM's come out like toothpaste (sorry for the detail)
take plenty of baths and keep things clean down there - also rather than use toilet roll use cotton wool dipped in warm water (my doctors recommendation)
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby Sue1962 » 12 Jan 2012, 10:09

Hi rasmith, sorry to hear about your pain!!! We all know exactly how you feel!!! First of all, I would ditch the Norco and only use it if absolutely necessary!!! pain meds are way to constipating unless you are using Miralax, or MOM and drinking lots of water. I don't know what your schedule is, but try eating high fiber foods, fruits, veggies cooked well,whole grains breads. Stay away from chips, spicy food anything hard to poop out!! drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day and adding Miralax to your diet. Miralax was a miracle for me and adding 20 minute soaks in the tub several times a day is great. When that spasm strikes after a BM massage the area until it is tolerable, I also took advil which worked great!! I am 49, female suffered for 3 years on/off. The past 8 months have been a living hell. I worked everyday and did my daily routine, but boy was it hard. I am a nurse and walk all day which helped, but the quality of my life sucked. Worried about my butt, from the time I woke up, until the time I went to bed so I bit the bullet and had LIS on Monday. Spasms are gone!!!! only on day3 sore, swollen and bruised but on my way to a normal life again. And never took a pain pill only Advil. Usually, after 6 months a fissure is chronic. It can heal but takes alot of hard work. Good luck and hope your pain eases
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby rasmith3530 » 12 Jan 2012, 23:15

For the past six months, I've had a neuro-psych issue that causes my left hand to tremor. It also causes transient amnesia issues, loss of concentration/comprehension, short term memory problems, plus depression and anxiety attacks. Due to this, I have been away from the work I love and unable to read/comprehend large passages, as in books or papers. I live in a suburban area and can no longer drive, as I get "lost." I've been to multiple neurologists, a neuro-psych eval, psychiatrist and such, trying to determine a root cause. So far, I have no final, thorough diagnosis.
Most recently, another problem has brought on sciatica in my left leg, preventing me from walking more than a block or so at a time.
Finally, to add insult to injury, this problem with my behind, which I had fought and thought that I had conquered early in 2011 has now returned to haunt me.
It is, all in all, getting to be a bit much! Oh yes, I am a service connected disabled veteran (Nam era). These days, I go to sleep most nights hoping to just not wake up tomorrow.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 00:27

rasmith -
I know how you feel . . . an AF really makes a person question how much is too much to take. I've had pain levels with my AF, which were out the roof! - and really, my thought was that I needed to be cured or shot, one or the other.
AFs take time to resolve. I'm STILL dealing with mine, and it's been very troublesome this time around. -- Like Sue said - careful diet, supplements, fiber, etc., are all necessary. Even with all that, the healing can be rough.
Tonight I had a bowl of pasta - and we'll see if I pay for it tomorrow. i sure hope not.
Anyhow, please hang in there. --- BTW, I had some "neuropathy" issues, a few years back - and my doctor(s) never could figure out why I had it.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby grannymaria » 13 Jan 2012, 05:59

RaSmith - hang in there sir - I honor all Nam vets :) God bless u!
I know it's frustrating having our brains go bonkers - I'm taking chemotherapy n it has messed my brain so bad that I cry when I can't remember simple things :( then adding to all the issues - this fissure :( :( I've been reading a lot here n am so thankful for all people here who are sharing their experiences with us! God bless each n everyone .. Hang in there
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby rasmith3530 » 13 Jan 2012, 22:30

OK, I'm loaded for bear. Went to the doc. He told me that yes, he had meant to give me the 2% version of nitro, and that I should use a Q-Tip to get it up the backside. He also took me off Meloxicam and replaced that with Nucynta ER (100MG) for pain. It was somewhat hard to find. When I got the prescription filled, I also grabbed a bottle of MiraLAX, as so many have given it praise. I was already using Metamucil. I still have a fair supply of 2% Lidocaine Hydrochloride Jelly just in case I need it, and I've also got Vaseline. Now, I just need to figure out how to put this all to use to get at least a decent baseline.
In other news, I went today for an MRI of the lumbar spine. The thought is that I am suffering from sciatica possibly caused by spinal stenosis.
I'm hoping not, but one way or another, my backside might be getting scalped in the near future. I did have a good conversation with a close friend and I'm feeling a little better in spirits than I was at my last post. We'll see how I'm doing after my next BM!
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 23:06

rasmith - it sounds like you have some things that might help you out. I was never prescribed any kind of painkiller, and that's after I told my crs that it felt like I had a blow-torch on my backside. At least your doctor is doing something there for you . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby rasmith3530 » 15 Jan 2012, 21:25

Well, had my first bm since my last post (eating like a bird). It wasa little less painful, but there was a lot of blood. I could actually see where drops of blood had fallen into the water. About five to ten minutes after, pain began coming on strong, especially if I laid on my back. Thankfully, it was almost time for my evening meds. The Nucynta ER is beginning to kick in and the pain is beginning to subside.
Stool was just a bit harder than peanut butter in consistency, and it didn't seem like it would ever finish, although there was not a lot of quantity.
Not sure how much longer I can live like this. BTW, the Nucynta ER really does the job once it kicks in. Makes Valium seem like an aspirin.
How long should I wait after a bowel movement before applying the Nitro?
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist