Feeling of constant pressure - very annoying!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Feeling of constant pressure - very annoying!

Postby Davo » 13 Jan 2012, 03:32

What is going on with me?? Has anybody ever come across this?
I have been applying 0.4% GTN (Nitro) for six weeks now and my pain levels have significantly reduced. The pain level was down to a 1 out of 10 on Tuesday.
On Wednesday i woke up with an annoying itching sensation that lasted all day and started before my BM.
On Thursday this developed into a feeling of pressure down there (as if the fissure is being constantly pressed). This is constant and not an on and off feeling like the spasms - also the spasms are normally a sharp burning sensation like from an open wound but these are a really annoying dull discomfort sensation that is always there.
My BM this morning was super soft as nothing has changed in my diet - I applied GTN and aloe vera as usual. I have taken a look in the mirror and it looks the same as it does everyday, no redness, no hemmy's pressing on it or anything.
I am a bit baffled as to why i am getting all these different feelings down there after managing to initially reduce the pain so much. If it was a re-tear i could understand but its not and why is the pain constant? Spasms are not contsant as they come and go - even if i move around the discomfort does not increase or decrease...... baffled!
Any clues?
Davo

Topics: 42

Re: Feeling of constant pressure - very annoying!

Postby Guest » 13 Jan 2012, 06:12

Davo,
I experienced the pressure you are describing the whole time I had my fissure. I believe it is part of the spasms. Everyone has a different description of them. For some they come and go and for some they last 24/7.
LIS was all that gave me relief from the pressure and all the other lovely symptoms of a fissure.

Postby Sue27uk » 13 Jan 2012, 11:08

I have had pressure in the perineum area, in fact thats what I was admitted to hospital for! It was part of my fissure. It has gone now but returns if I try to drive at all. Like Dawn says, for me it was part of the spasms :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Sue1962 » 13 Jan 2012, 12:52

Yup, me too. Definately part of the spasm, that would last for hours!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Davo » 13 Jan 2012, 13:19

The pain ended up getting worse so I visited the doctors.
There was no inflammation, soreness, blood or anything for that matter. She thought it maybe an absess and checked for a fistula but nope everything was fine. So the conclusion was that I had eaten something a bit more sharp than usual which has affected the fissure on the way out.
So I racked my brain because I have been so careful with food only eating soups, brown bread, porridge, veg.... And then it clicked... The new Kellogs fibre plus cereal bars I had started eating contains almonds and nuts!!!!!!!
How did I miss that????? So that's two slip ups in two weeks taking my 1 pain score back up to around about a 7..... Aarrrrggghhh!!!!!!
So I have decided that it's never going to heal with GTN so have booked to go an see my CRS on Monday.
I can sense Botox coming my way Image
Have a great weekend everybody
Davo
Davo

Postby grannymaria » 13 Jan 2012, 13:26

Wauw Davo! Hope ur feeling better son.. Please be careful what you eat and thanks for sharing with us - now we know what to look out for.. God bless you..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 15:38

Davo -
I have the same thing! It's really hard to describe, too - kind of a heavy-type of dullness, kind of a deeply warm pressure . . .
I'm trying to think of how else I could describe it . . .
Like you, I haven't strayed from my strict routine - so I'm baffled as to why I should feel this kind of weirdness down below - it's not a pain, just a dull, kinda warm-ish, feeling . . . it also affects my fanny muscles, around the area.
I've been wondering if this nitro ointment is causing it . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Davo » 13 Jan 2012, 16:20

Hi Sweet,
It was a different feeling to normal - originally my spasms felt sharp and knife edged - like somebody was pulling a wound apart.
This however was totally different and felt like somebody was constantly pressing hard against it. The doc thinks i have eaten something sharp and looking back the new high fibre cereal bars i started the day before have almonds and other nuts in them. I didn't even realise so its probably my own fault.
Anyway its back to the CRS on Monday so Botox here i come!
Davo
Davo

Postby reckless » 13 Jan 2012, 16:39

Yes I know the pressure you are talking about Davo. Like you are sitting on something. This is due to your tight sphincter. The sphincter and perineum are very related from what I have observed.
My tightness was so bad that whenever I had a bowel movement I would get pain in my perineum. I massaged my sphincter and it released a lot of tightness and my perineum stopped hurting. But I can't get rid of the rest of the tightness.
Maybe try massaging it and see if you find any trigger points.
reckless
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 16:58

Davo - I do believe I have the same kind of feeling you're having - and I have not changed my routine, at all, except for a bowl of pasta last night . . . but my BM didn't seem troublesome . . .
Isn't this the weirdest thing??
reckless - I'm wondering if massaging it might work for me, a little - but the thing is, I'm worried about hurting the fissure . . .
Last edited by Sweet Bugaboo on 13 Jan 2012, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: misspelling
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11