Need some encouragement please

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Need some encouragement please

Postby FinnsMom » 12 Jan 2012, 11:32

Hi everyone, I'm almost 2 weeks post op my LIS and fissurectomy. I was healing nicely and going to post about how well everything was going two days ago but that night I had three episodes of awful diarrhea. So yesterday, the next morning, my stomach still felt awful and I hardly left my bed, didn't eat or drink much and had no BM. So this morning I had a large, formed BM that didn't hurt much but was uncomfortable and now I'm having some pain and feel sore. I'm so scared that I've messed things up down there, like I'm really having a panic attack I'm so upset.
I know I'm being a baby but I was hoping you guys could give me some advice. Has anything like this happened to anyone else while they were healing?
FinnsMom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Need some encouragement please

Postby Sue1962 » 12 Jan 2012, 12:14

Hey FM, aww you poor thing. sorry about the tummy troubles, I cannot imagine going through that!! I am only on day 3 and still quite sore, I only had LIS. Any idea what caused your upset stomach?? Different food, pain pills, stool softeners?? I am sure you didn't hurt anything being at 2 weeks. Probably just stretched and irritated everything. I would get in the tub for some soaks and take some advil.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby FinnsMom » 12 Jan 2012, 14:02

Thanks Sue, honestly I think it was period related. I always have this same ordeal with diarrhea one day and then hard stool the next every cycle. It's frustrating because there isn't anything I can do to prevent it from happening.
Are you healing well Sue? I hope you are, I really started to feel improvement after day 6, I think you will be surprised. Just some advice, I found laying with a heating pad on my butt really helped the soreness during the first few days. Lol and today too unfortunately.
FinnsMom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Sue1962 » 12 Jan 2012, 16:54

Oh the dreaded period. I haven't had one since August 16th, I am 49 and going through the lovely hot flashes and all...LOL just another thing to deal with. I think I am doing fairly well. I never took a pain pill only advil. Yesterday, I felt great but today I was really sore more so than yesterday, but I think it is due to the whole area traumatized Monday and everything is coming back to life. Not unbearable just a constant ache kind of thing, but doing the tub soaks and laying around which is driving me nuts..All in all, way better than I expected. I am soooo going to try the heating pad!! Hope you feel better soon!! and thanks for the tip!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby grannymaria » 13 Jan 2012, 06:25

Thanks for the info sweeties! I really get a lot of info from here that helps us all. :)
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13