New to the forum- Don't give up!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the forum- Don't give up!

Postby Grateful Ed » 13 Jan 2012, 14:49

I suffered (and I DO mean suffered) from fissures for over 18 months. While I'm currently on the mend, I can sympathize with everyone who's posting here. My advice is to try as many different kinds of doctors as you can. If you don't like your current doc, get a second opinion. I saw accupuncturists, naturopaths, B.E.S.T. certified chiropractors and regular MDs. While it may be hard to imagine it, they CAN be healed. In my case, it wasn't just a fissure but also hemorrhoids (one courtesy of my Botox injection) as well as swollen papillas which led to about 2 months of completely debilitating agony. I'll post more advice I've gotten over the next few days but try to stay positive- take lots of baths & don't give up hope! peace Image
Grateful Ed
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: New to the forum- Don't give up!

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 15:29

Thanks for the encouraging words, Ed.
It's a rough journey, in order to get to the light at the end of an AF experience. I'm still trying to cope with mine (this is my second battle with one, and it's far harder this time, than the first time).
I'm on a strict diet and taking supplements, Konsyl, Colace, and just watching myself, as closely as I can. I'm not in extreme pain, anymore, but I do have weird sensations of pressure, heat, etc. - which I'm hoping it just some healing going on.
But you said it, it makes a person suffer like nothing else, IMO.
Keep us posted with your story. Thanks!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby grannymaria » 13 Jan 2012, 18:20

Welcome here Ed - like sweetbugaboo says it's a rough journey . Thanks in advance for any suggestion u provide. I have been reading a lot posts here n learning .
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sue1962 » 13 Jan 2012, 21:02

I tried to heal mine for way too long!!! The first time I got it, it healed in a few weeks, but when it returned it was horrible. I tried for 8 months to heal it, and couldn't deal with it consuming my life anymore..I bit the bullet and had surgery. only wish I did it sooner!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby rasmith3530 » 14 Jan 2012, 09:33

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that you are on the mend. As Sue1962 mentioned, my first go around, about one year ago, was far more mild than my current experience, and it cleared up in several weeks. This time is far more painful than anything I've ever experienced previously, but thanks to this site, and a bunch of caring individuals here, I feel encouraged that there is some hope. Keep us up to date on your progress please. It helps to hear success stories.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10