Week one post op almost over

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Week one post op almost over

Postby travis1994 » 14 Jan 2012, 20:58

So, today has been my best day yet. Yesterday was pretty bad. I was so tired and the anxiety set in. I still have some anxiety tonight but all in all, I feel pretty relaxed. I can walk more normally but I'm still being careful as I have these stitches in for a month. Sitz baths are feeling better all the time and I'm liking that clean feeling I get afterwards. I have a follow up with the surgeon on monday so that'll be day six post op. It's a bit tedious in the morning when I have my bowel movement for the day, I have to make sure my parents are up so they can help me get a sitz bath right afterwards. I almost fell asleep on it this morning! Then I went back to bed for a while..woke up, took a nap..woke up, and now I'm tired again. The whole post op experience hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would and I'm starting to eat more normally now. Changed my antibiotic from augmentin to cipro which tastes absolutely HORRIBLE! You leave that baby on your tongue for longer than half a second and it feels like it's killing your tastebuds. I can't eat yogurt with it though so I guess that'll have to wait. The cramping is pretty much gone now though so that's good.
travis1994
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Week one post op almost over

Postby Deleted User 579 » 15 Jan 2012, 10:10

Hey Travis - I'm so happy you're feeling better. Image Antibiotics can be really vile, but it's great that the cramping is mostly gone. Butt pain and surgery are really exhausting, so it's not surprising that your body wants to sleep a lot - that's even a good thing too, because sleep, and even just rest, really helps the healing process. The anxiety levels will go down, sooner than you think, once you start to trust your body again. It sounds like you are making really great progress, so when the anxiety creeps up on you, remind yourself that you are healing and doing really well.
Take good care of yourself and rest as much as you need to. :)
Deleted User 579

Re: Week one post op almost over

Postby grannymaria » 15 Jan 2012, 10:36

Hang in there Travis - it will get better son. Pls take care n u will soon be posting good happy days . God bless u
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13