Advice on cleaning after BM away from home...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Advice on cleaning after BM away from home...

Postby lurker53 » 05 Dec 2011, 10:48

Had LIS on Oct 28, anti biotics set me back a bit but thankfully the soreness in my butt muscle is much better and not as frequent and the diarrhea has stopped after a week being off the anti biotics.
I leave next Sunday for a four day business trip. My post BM cleaning ritual now is to hop in shower after BM, use shower head up there to get most of the remnants, take a tub and have my loving wife clean out the rest with warm water and q tips. When she is not available, I use shower head, take tub and wipe once or twice gently with dry TP (can't use wet wipes, whatever is in them makes my skin raw and angry).
My problem is that in hotels you don't have a detachable shower head (unless you get handicap room but then you get no tub and the shower head pressure is too weak anyhow) so I don't know what to do.
Plan now is to take BM, get right into tub, get out of tub and wipe gently for excess and use thin gauze pad but four days of this will make me raw from pre-LIS fissure experience.
Anyone think of an idea where I can still shoot water up my butt to clean off or do I just have to rough it?
I have a two week trip starting in December I am really worried about. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: Advice on cleaning after BM away from home...

Postby Tim » 05 Dec 2011, 12:14

Try one of those plastic sport water bottles, like Poland Springs etc. Fill it up with hot water and use that. My CRS mentioned that to me when I asked about cleaning while on my honeymoon.
Tim
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby StevePain » 05 Dec 2011, 14:33

I would take a bag of cotton wool with me and when your done on the loo soak some under the hot water tap, make sure it's only warm though and pat the area until clean, I also parted my anus and cleaned partially inside to make sure any particles were totally removed, I then applied chamomile ointment to the inside and out.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Jojo1 » 07 Dec 2011, 12:53

I bought two Washmate travel bidet's off of Amazon.com. I normally use one at work. You can fill it up with warm water and can get a good 4 strong squirts out of it. At work, I take an empty, 1 litre bottle in with me that fills it up 3-4 more times cuz I wanna make sure I get everything.
I'll be going to new york next week and taking both bidets with me.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Postby workingonit » 15 Jan 2012, 12:50

I have been using peri-bottles for years (perineal irrigation bottle).
I used to use them to squirt right onto the area, but mostly now I just use it to wet the t-paper before I kinda pat myself clean.
You can get them at most drugstores, but some work better than others. I like the ones with 4 holes in the end.
You can get them on Amazon for less than $3 each. I keep one in each bathroom behind the toilet where they aren't obvious.
workingonit
VIP

Postby Savaici » 16 Jan 2012, 11:58

I have been using Cottonelle toilet paper to dab after a BM, but am going to change to 100% cotton gauze. Just found some made by Medline on Amazon and am going to give them a try. I think the loo paper might be more irritating, though I only dab at my rear...never wipe, so to speak. I shall do a search on the perineal irrigation bottle. Never tried one of those.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby workingonit » 16 Jan 2012, 12:41

I just checked, and the peri bottles I like are made by medline too.
I ordered them off amazon as well.
workingonit
VIP

Postby Savaici » 16 Jan 2012, 13:57

I could only find the Medline bottles in orders of 500! Seems a bit too many. Did find something called a Portable Bidet in a Bottle, from a Japanese Company by the name of Badimo? Anyone tried that? Think I will get it anyway. And the gauzes.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222