Will this ever end?!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Will this ever end?!

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Jan 2012, 17:54

I'm current taking the Konsyl 2x per day - and it hasn't constipated me, yet (that I can tell). I quit eating the Fiber One, because of the bulk of my stools - too much stool, too bulky (and TMI, sorry about that!).
I'm taking the Colace 2x per day - and so far, it's helped - but maybe the Miralax would be more effective. I just want something gentle on my system.
Sue, as I always say, I appreciate your input and advice.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 15 Jan 2012, 19:33

Miralax is very gentle, it was origianlly made for babies and use to be only available by Rx. Thank god it is over the counter now. I am only to happy to share what has worked for me.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Jan 2012, 19:59

I'm going to send my husband to the drugstore for me . . . and I'm assuming that Miralax would be a liquid, in one formula . . .?
Thanks!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 15 Jan 2012, 21:24

No it is a powder, I would start with the normal dose. 1 capfull= 17g and give it a couple of days before adjusting. 1 cap is plenty for me but everyone is different, I did up it briefly after surgery. I mix it with a little hot water to melt it all and then fill the glass with apple juice.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Jan 2012, 22:15

My husband picked it up for me. So, I have it - but I've already taken one Colace capsule today . . . so, I'm not sure if I should start the Miralax tonight . . .
Sue, any thoughts on that? You might already be in bed, but I thought I'd ask.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby workingonit » 16 Jan 2012, 10:40

hi sorebottoms,
I was wondering about the connection with my menstrual cycle too. My AF always seems worse at the beginning of menstruation. From stuff I a have read, I think it has more to do with there being more blood down in that area at that time of the month. I had my hormones levels tested recently and even though I am perimenaupausal, they seem to be fine.
It gets so I dread my period though, and am more fastidious than I used to be with changing my pads more often. I think that helps. My Doc says keep that area as dry as you can.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sorebottoms » 17 Jan 2012, 15:45

I have tests tomorrow so I think I will raise this issue with the clinician. The only reason I made the connection was that my gynaecologist recommended I take three packets of the pill in a row to "give my ovaries a rest"- for a different problem. The side effect was that I didn't have a tear during that time and as soon as stopped taking the pill and had a period, back came the tear. Surely it can't be a coincidence?!
If it does turn out to be linked I'm going to be furious with my GP who caused me to have 6 months (yes 6 MONTHS!) of a period by continuing with a medication that caused me to bleed constantly. No wonder my tear was bad during that time Image
I'm hoping tomorrow brings some answers and some progress. I'm fed up of treading water.
Thanks for your support guys. xx
Sorebottoms

Topics: 1