Anal Fissure laser surgery post operation

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anal Fissure laser surgery post operation

Postby alexrose » 11 Jan 2012, 17:09

Hello Image Image I just had my laser surgery for my very large fissure as well as some small hemroids. Yesterday morning, and the procedure was done with local anesthetic which was a little painful but nothing like passing a stool with a fissure! Image So if any of you are worried about local anesthetic injections (like I was!) don't be. :) I am sore but I have some pain meds that help with any discomfort, I had my first bowel movement with the help of a fleet enema (which my doctor recommended). No pain like I had before surgery. The only thing is I am quite sore but other than that I feel absolutely wonderful! I recommend laser surgery if given the option. Image I will post when I go for my post op check up. Hope everyone is well or on the road to a better bottom! Image Image
alexrose
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Anal Fissure laser surgery post operation

Postby grannymaria » 11 Jan 2012, 17:32

Axlerose did they cut the muscle that I read about here or is this a different type? I'm new here sweetie and learning. Glad ur doing great sweetie
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sue1962 » 11 Jan 2012, 19:26

Laser surgery is different than LIS not cuts, just burns. Pretty much just burn them away.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby saradev » 12 Jan 2012, 07:03

i too had laser surgery.. but its the seven month im still having pain in the range of 1-2 after bm.. but doctor said mine s cured.. but am still continuing with diet.. plz temme how long it ll take to cure 100% or atleast 95% .. i lost hope .. feel like doing suicide.. :'(
saradev
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby alexrose » 18 Jan 2012, 18:17

Saradev I'm so sorry to hear your in pain still Image must be very frustrating, and oh goodness its been 8 days post op and I'm having pain as well! Image I'm so upset at the fact of after surgery I'm having pain during a bowel movement. Image I wasnt worried much because I used a fleet enema for my 1st BM and it was painless! So then I figured I can just drink tons of water and hot tea as well as taking laxitives and eat right so my next BM would be painless WRONG! I was so constipated and My next 2 BMS where hard large :( after that I have pain and am scared I messed up the doctors work. :( now I have been drinking aloe vera juice (cause nothing else worked!) and the BMs have been regular and soft except sometimes it still comes out a bit large (I just don't understand) :'( I will let you know if there's any improvement in the pain. I hope you feel better! Image
alexrose
Fibre Addict

Postby Sue1962 » 18 Jan 2012, 20:23

Hey AR are you using any stool softeners?? How about pain meds?? They are very constipating. I am so sorry you are stil in pain after 8 days!!! I am sure do to the laser, it is a burn, ouch!! I would definately try some Miralax or something to get you stool soft especially if you are still on pain meds
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby alexrose » 19 Jan 2012, 15:09

Sue1962- thank you for your kind words Image I stopped taking the pain meds cause like you said the constipation part of it. (Which it was causing) :oops: I am on stool softeners daily and I am also taking mirlax sometimes my doctor said stool softeners and fiber in diet daily: and Enema and mirlax sometimes. I followed that to a T and still had hard and large BMS. So I started drinking Aloe vera juice and now they are softer and smaller but still painful passing. :(
alexrose
Fibre Addict

Postby Sue1962 » 19 Jan 2012, 18:08

Sorry for your pain!! I would do the Miralax everyday!! You can take it forever, it is very gentle
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby alexrose » 20 Jan 2012, 12:44

Aww thank you Image and thank goodness if I can take it everyday vs sometimes ill be a happy camper! Image Thank you for letting me know. :D
alexrose
Fibre Addict