Anal Fissure and Orgasms

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal Fissure and Orgasms

Postby ToothDoctor » 30 Jan 2012, 14:17

10 weeks ago, I passed an extremely hard, dry and wide stool, and I have had an anal fissure ever since. I'll post the details of my anal fissure in another thread, but I would like to focus on my anal fissure and orgasms.
I am a 30 year old male, and I have noticed that whenever I am having an orgasm during intercourse with my wife, I experience intense pain in my rectum during the contractions of my orgasm. I noticed that having an orgasm results in rectal pain equivalent to passing a hard BM.
I tested and noticed that I do not experience as much pain during contractions of my orgasm when I masturbate, but it still hurts.
I suspect the pain is caused by the fact that my internal sphincter muscle is spasming during the contractions of my orgasm. I suspect that the pain may be more intense when I am making love to my wife as oppose to masturbation because I have may be less excited, and have more control of my contractions during masturbation.
Has any other male / female experienced this?
ToothDoctor
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Anal Fissure and Orgasms

Postby Grateful Ed » 30 Jan 2012, 15:10

I talked to my accupuncturist about this same thing and she recommended practicing deep breathing exercises while "doing it". Just stay focused on your breath and this seems to kind of distribute the tension evenly instead of just keeping it focused on your groin. It takes a little getting used to but it's worth it. Hope this helps! Stay positive!
Grateful Ed
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby ToothDoctor » 30 Jan 2012, 16:26

At the moment I have been loading up on Advil before intercourse. However, I noticed that once the Advil wears off, my anus hurts like I passed a rock through.
I will try to do "deep breathing" although it seem not feasible since I would be in the moment.
ToothDoctor
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 31 Jan 2012, 11:11

Oh to even think of sex!!
Could not imagine having it now. Too much pain, and would just send me into further spasms. Fortunately, have a patient, understanding and loving husband...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Jenbug » 31 Jan 2012, 11:29

I find a glass of wine and a naproxen an hour or so before and I'm good to go.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby ToothDoctor » 01 Feb 2012, 09:06

Well I load up with Advil before as well, but the problem is after sex and after the Advil wears off. The horrible thing is that we are actually trying to get pregnant and this is border line ruining my life. This thing takes the pleasure out of my life.
Day 5 into 0.2% GTN and I am relatively spasm free, but bleeding like a faucet during BM. I suspect it's due to the vasodilation caused by GTN.
ToothDoctor
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 01 Feb 2012, 12:21

Hi doc,
I never tried the GTN, but the Nifedipine 0.2% that I had compounded never gave me any problems. My CRS said to only apply it on the surface of the anus and not inside, so possibly that was why. Others have been told to apply internally. Didn't work for me.
I bleed very occasionally, mostly just a small amount on the TP is my lot. I have everything in my life worked out to a T, in order that I get the least pain. Still, I have diverticulosis, and when I do have blood in the pan, suspect that it is that.
So sorry that you are trying for a baby and having this. That is rotten. So many are not healed by all the creams prescribed, a few are. Most land up having LIS. I am hoping to go with SAD, as prefer not to have any more cutting to my rear; three hemmy ops are too many.
Lots of help here!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby ToothDoctor » 01 Feb 2012, 14:28

Wow savaici I can't imagine going through all of that.
Desperate times calls for desperate measures, I'm going to go get myself Coconut Oil (as per RowdyAudi) and some Restorlax / Miralax (as per Sue).
I guess I can't complain because the spasms are gone now and it's not as painful.
Just bleeding like everytime I have BM, hopefully that will stop with skinnier and softer BMs.
ToothDoctor
Fibre Addict

Postby Prospero2 » 04 Feb 2012, 19:06

I don't currently have a sexual partner (hetero male adult). However, I have found that I could have an orgasm with masturbation without AF pain. I've had an AF for 8 weeks. The key for me is to be mindful of what muscles you are using. When masturbating, focus on being mindful about what muscles you are using. Don't use your pelvic floor muscles, inclusing your anal sphincter muscles. One of the things that I have done after my initial AF diagnosis is go to a physical therapist for "pelvic floor dysfunction"--i.e., improper utilization of the muscles down there. We have focused on keeping them relaxed when sitting, standing, and other things (e.g., sex). Try masturbating without tightening your sphincter. Then try orgasm without tightening the sphincter. Then with a patient partner try positions that do not require you to tighten your pelvic floor muscles. This will take some practice and may require you to change some habits. Perhaps woman on top. When approaching orgasm with a partner, try to stay relaxed with the pelvic floor muscles. A good physical therapist who has expertise with "pelvic floor retraining" can help with this.
Prospero2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby NiteOwle7 » 01 Jan 2017, 21:19

Prospero2 wrote:I don't currently have a sexual partner (hetero male adult). However, I have found that I could have an orgasm with masturbation without AF pain. I've had an AF for 8 weeks. The key for me is to be mindful of what muscles you are using. When masturbating, focus on being mindful about what muscles you are using. Don't use your pelvic floor muscles, inclusing your anal sphincter muscles. One of the things that I have done after my initial AF diagnosis is go to a physical therapist for "pelvic floor dysfunction"--i.e., improper utilization of the muscles down there. We have focused on keeping them relaxed when sitting, standing, and other things (e.g., sex). Try masturbating without tightening your sphincter. Then try orgasm without tightening the sphincter. Then with a patient partner try positions that do not require you to tighten your pelvic floor muscles. This will take some practice and may require you to change some habits. Perhaps woman on top. When approaching orgasm with a partner, try to stay relaxed with the pelvic floor muscles. A good physical therapist who has expertise with "pelvic floor retraining" can help with this.

I'm a 37M and a heavy masturbator. I'm very interested in your idea of masturbating/orgasming without tightening the sphincter. But how? Any resources that you can provide me will be very helpful. I've also noticed that I "hold my breath" at times while masturbating. Not only during masturbating do I tighten my sphincter but even at orgasm, my sphincter contracts several times. Then my bowel movements afterwards are more painful, and the stools are tightened.

Please advise! Thanks.
NiteOwle7