Botox anyone?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Botox anyone?

Postby davidpfeiffer » 30 Jan 2012, 21:27

I am here for my wife. She has severe,chronic rectal/pelvic pain. She has had fissure surgery, she has had hemmorhoidectomy (sp?), she has had every test possible, has seen 30 or so doctors, gyno, urologist, colo-rectal, infectios disease, neurologist, internist, pain management, even a psychiatrist. The one thing that has been recommended is a botox injection to the pelvic floor muscles. We cannot find anyone that does it. We are in San Francisco, but can also travel to Los Angeles if someone has a suggestion.
Thanks all for your help and good luck to all of you.
David
davidpfeiffer

Topics: 1

Re: Botox anyone?

Postby Savaici » 31 Jan 2012, 11:46

Hi David,
When you talk of botox to the pelvic floor, are you perhaps meaning that she might have Pudendal Neuralgia?
If it is that, you might like to research this on tipna.org or there are a couple of closed groups on Facebook, which if you think is what your wife might have, I will happily look up the groups. Your wife's visits to doctors sounds very much what people with pain have to suffer, in the end often sent to a psychiatrist as the doctor knows no better.
Have a lot more information, if you would like to message me.
Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222