skin tag removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

skin tag removal

Postby Quiggles » 06 Feb 2012, 17:47

Has anyone had a skin tag removed? I had LIS and skin tag removal a week ago and I am having pain and discomfort and burning from the skin tag area. Has anybody else experienced this? My fissure was posterior and my skin tag was at other end so doctor said would be more uncomfortable. Any insight would be great. thanks
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: skin tag removal

Postby Savaici » 06 Feb 2012, 17:53

Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Quiggles » 06 Feb 2012, 17:59

thanks for your help anyway :) Maybe someone else will post.
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Postby workingonit » 08 Feb 2012, 15:06

I had a skin tag removed over a year ago. But I don't remember it being that painful. After a few days the swelling went down and I was pretty good except for BMs. That was tender for months afterwards.
I was just really gentle and mostly cleaned myself using a peri bottle (perineal). I kept two next to the toilet so I wouldn't have to get up and refill. But generally one was enough.
Then pat dry (some here use blowdryers, I had not thought of that at the time).
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Deleted User 579 » 08 Feb 2012, 15:37

Hi Quiggles - I had an LIS and skin tag removal, and for me, the first week was the worst for pain. After that there was some discomfort, but that gradually improved. I've read a few posts from boardies who had skin tag removals, and it seems that discomfort is pretty common, especially at the skin tag site, and it can take a while for the skin tag site to settle down. In my experience, sometimes the stinging sensation is caused by a wee bit of poo in the wound, so it's important to clean thoroughly (but gently!). Other times it's just that the tissue is traumatized and unhappy. Warm baths really help with both issues. I also took a muscle relaxant (extra-strength Robaxacet) to help with the residual soreness during the first week after my surgery.
Lots of folk on here mentioned that the skin tag area can take a while to heal, so the key is to try to be patient. It will get better. Keep your stools nice and soft, take those nice warm soaks and hang in there! You will heal and the discomfort will go away. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Quiggles » 08 Feb 2012, 19:38

thanks for your replies and I will stay positive and today feeling much better. Image
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Postby patricramio » 04 Mar 2013, 00:21

The best way to remove skin tags safely and painlessly is to use “Tag Arrest”. It is a topical ointment and I can assure positive results against skin tags with its application. There is no side effects with this medicine. You may get more information about this product from the website buytagarrest.com
patricramio