CRS Appointment Moved Up

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

CRS Appointment Moved Up

Postby rasmith3530 » 06 Feb 2012, 22:22

I received a call from my CRS' office today moving my appointment up from Wednesday to tomorrow afternoon. As I'm still bleeding quite a bit and still in much pain when I poop, I'm guessing we will be discussing LIS. The main thing I'm nervous about is how this may or may not affect the problem with my herniated disc and spinal stenosis. I am hoping that if the option to fix that is also surgical, I won't have a long wait between the two.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Re: CRS Appointment Moved Up

Postby grannymaria » 07 Feb 2012, 14:40

God be with you rasmith! just hang in there and keep up ur appointments and also the eating regime and water/liquid intake sweetie..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Savaici » 07 Feb 2012, 18:07

Hope the appointment went well, rasmith!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby rasmith3530 » 07 Feb 2012, 18:57

YEA!!! Good news. February 27th I go to the hospital to "kiss my butt goodbye!" Of course, I'm talking LIS. I have never in my life actually looked forward to surgery, but this time I will be counting down the days. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it is for once not an oncoming freight! Now, I just have to survive until then.
I have to call my GP and schedule a pre-op physical to get his write off that I'm safe to undergo the procedure. I'll have to stop taking my daily 81mg Aspirin a week before the procedure, but it appears that my other meds are OK. Not sure if I'll get in my morning meds that day before going under the knife. My CRS said that is between my GP and the laughing gas guy.
I'm so happy I could just sh*t! Well, let me not get too far ahead of myself. I still have a couple weeks yet to survive through.
Hope everybody out there is having a mild day. May the MiraLAX be with you and your toilet seat soft!
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby workingonit » 07 Feb 2012, 21:50

Hey Rasmith,
That's great!!!!
So glad you have relief on the horizon!
I hope the two weeks fly by.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP