lis/tag removal done-2nd day of recovery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

lis/tag removal done-2nd day of recovery

Postby 44alegna44 » 12 Feb 2012, 13:25

my lis and tag removal were performed on friday and according to crs all went well as expected. the remainder of that day, at home as local was wearing down i definitely took advantage of the pain meds...it was intense. saturday morning i felt relatively well, surprisingly to me...just took it easy, iced the area as per my crs to reduce swelling, kept up with warm sitz and whatever discomfort i felt was managed with only 2 advil..........until that FIRST DREADED, BM.....which didn't come on until early evening, i expected the worst and that's pretty much what i got! it truly hurt/stung like crazy...tears to your eyes pain...but as with this whole af experience you surprise yourself with the amount of pain one can endure, and you get through and that's what i did. took 2 advil last night before bedtime, slept like a baby, woke up today feeling pretty well again and then the mid-morning BM today, kind of back on schedule for me, and once again that's when the pain kicks in, but slightly better than yesterday. it's now afternoon and only took 2 advil after that bm, had my healthy fibre packed lunch, been drinking my water and feeling well. so far everything is pretty managable 2 days in and hopefully will continue down this path by keeping up with all post-op instructions, which are relatively the same and before with the addition of icing the area. will up-date every couple of days.....best wishes to all...angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: lis/tag removal done-2nd day of recovery

Postby Savaici » 12 Feb 2012, 13:36

Glad that you have had the first and dreaded BM! Can only go up from now on. Must be such a relief that it is over and a new life beckons.
Keep on with the good advice from your CRS, and keep us updated with how you are doing.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby workingonit » 12 Feb 2012, 20:56

Congrats Angel,
The worst is over, and you're doing all the right things.
Cheers,
Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Tim » 14 Feb 2012, 18:50

How's it going now?
Tim
Salt Bather

Topics: 9