4 Months Post-LIS (10-18-11)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 4 Months Post-LIS (10-18-11)

Postby queenofpain » 17 Feb 2012, 08:59

The name of my muscle relaxant is cyclobenzoprine. I might try it tomorrow, but I'm afraid of dizziness and nausea. I'd rather deal with spasm, as bad as it is. But, we'll see.
I noticed I had track marks yesterday, which I haven't had in weeks. Maybe that means I'm still healing. I think sitting at work all day causes spasm/pain, too. It seems like that area gets stretched more, especially since I'm still sitting on a cushion. I think I even caused some light bleeding a few times from the stretching.
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby workingonit » 17 Feb 2012, 10:04

Well that's good that it isn't a benzo.
If you try it, you could just take a half dose. That's what my mom and I do, as we are always more sensitive to meds than some.
Can you take more breaks to stand up and walk around a bit at work?
Does your CRS know you are bleeding a bit still?
Another thing you might look into is pelvic floor therapy. If the muscles down there are shortened from any number of things (stress, exercise etc), they can cause pain and many other symptoms.
If you use the above search, you can find other topics written about it here.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby queenofpain » 17 Feb 2012, 10:35

Thanks for the medication advice. Maybe I should start out with a 1/2 dose.
I only started bleeding months after the LIS, and it's scarce (1 to 3 times - a spot or line). It seems to be related to sitting at work, and possibly to having irritated the area with bms. I told the CRS, but he doesn't seem concerned about anything, really. He's been doing this for 40 years. He just thinks that as long as you're overall, at this point, having more good days than bad, you're on the right path. The problem is I expected LIS to be much easier, i.e., that I would only have a few days of post-op light pain, if any. I didn't realize I'd be dealing with this 4 months later.
I try to walk around at work, but I seem to put myself in spasm early on (within the first 1/2 hour). Maybe it'll be better this weekend.
Thanks for all your advice, Tanya. I'll research these suggestions.
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby workingonit » 17 Feb 2012, 12:03

Queen,
That's a relief that your cRS isn't concerned.
I know what you mean about it dragging on. I think some people write about their success too early in recovery and it gives a biased slant to how 'easy' a procedure it is.
I mean it is still surgery.
Here's a web site about pelvic pain;
http://www.healpelvicpain.com/
Can you change how you sit every so often?
When I have to sit for a long time I tend to squirm around and vary my position. Sometimes i cross my legs, sometimes I tuck one leg under me... I find it saves my back from getting sore.
Your most welcome, I love to pass it along, as they say. So many have been and are still giving me help.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby queenofpain » 17 Feb 2012, 13:10

I will check out this website, too.
That's a good suggestion: to vary your sitting position.
Yeah, I've wondered how LIS could be so painless for so many. It's great and encouraging to us if it really is, though. I was actually in less pain at 11 days than I am this very day at 4 months, so it hasn't been predictable for me, same as the fissure. The CRS's nurse said it's the most underrated pain. Thanks for all your help!
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist