OK really? again?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

OK really? again?

Postby sterlingbird » 20 Feb 2012, 11:18

Yep 2 and a half months after fistula and fissure surgery I will be hitting the OR table again this Thursday.My fistula surgery caused an infection that made all the joints where lymph nodes were at swell up like golf balls this past Saturday. Thought I had gout or something. Went to the doctor this morning and he said I have an abscessed fistula. My plan was to come home kick the dog and throw some stuff but I do not have time for that. Has any one had something called a seton. Has any one had this and what was the out come. I want the good bad and ugly. I hate surprises.For those of you thinking oh Lord does it ever end. Well yes it does. It is called death and I am not interested in it. Life gets tough. Get busy living or get busy dying. OK I feel better ! Thanks!
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: OK really? again?

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2012, 11:27

oh my gosh, i am so sorry to hear of your setback... Geez... I don't have personal experience with a fistula or abscess, but I do know someone who suffered for years with recurrences of abscesses and then fistula, and they did a seton placement with her, and while it took a really long time to heal, and it was really really painful, it did when all was said and done solve her problems permanently...
I'm forgetting now the new member's name who just posted in the introduction forum yesterday about her struggles with ongoing fistula, but she currently has a seton and could maybe tell you more?
I so hope for better days for you, for everyone...
I just went and found her name... saskiamom
Last edited by jr2 on 20 Feb 2012, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added more info.

Postby grannymaria » 21 Feb 2012, 06:32

Oh sweetie pls don't give up - it's just a set back n not a final . Ur in my prayers Sterling pls pls hang in there hon. God bless u n heal us all.
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby sterlingbird » 21 Feb 2012, 21:29

Thanks Maria and JR2. I am hurting from and unidentified pain in my back and legs that makes it hard to sit. I am back on the codeine for the abscess so it seems to even out the BM's. Will be at the doctor for pain issue and surgery the next day so keep me in your prayers.
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8