Botox again....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox again....

Postby Guest » 17 Oct 2007, 18:06

Hello,
Well I am waiting for my CRS to call, I have been having pain and bleeding the past few days. I am not gonna wait until it gets so bad agian I cannot function. Th pain is more annoying right now more than anything. Like a nagging toothache. Just wanted to let you know. I will keep up my routine and my baths. My CRS said it might take 2 or three shots to completely heal. I know one thing I am really tired of this AF but I know someday it will be gone.
Take Care
Patty

Re: Botox again....

Postby happyass » 17 Oct 2007, 20:33

oh patty i saw this nasty program on animal channel of parasites that get trapped in our bodies and cause so much more complications than these fissures.
after watching that show, i think i would rather have five chronic fissures!!!!!
there was a little spiny fish that quickly sped into a man's penis and a woman's vagina. then there were these little parasite worms that multiplied and crept inside and under this man's skin for months. there were other ones too but just thinking about it, i am happy to have dealt with a fissure :-)
good luck on the botox second round. they say the third time is the charm!
:-) :{{{: :.\:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Oct 2007, 06:19

Patty,
I'm glad you aren't waiting! This time around, you shouldn't even have to slow down or alter your lifestyle any due to the shot.
I have to wonder why the healing of the fissure is not quite as straight-forward from the botox as it is with the surgery?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 18 Oct 2007, 07:17

Well, good for you for taking the bull by the horns and not waiting until it worsens to get in for the next shot. I think you just need more time for the anal sphincter to maintain its relaxed state to continue the healing.
It will be interesting to hear the progress of your fissure too.
Keep us updated!
:/\:

Postby buttgirl » 18 Oct 2007, 09:44

Good luck Patty. I think that you're making a good decision.
$)@
These little animations are great!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 18 Oct 2007, 16:55

Hey,
I went to the CRS today. He gave me the option of Botox or LIS?? Not sure what to do. He looked at me and said ther was a small tear most likely from the original fissure. I think I might try the Botox one more time, then if I have to have the LIS. Just wanted to let you know. Any opinions??
Take care
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Oct 2007, 18:14

I think that's a good choice. It is really a quality of life issue. As long as you are doing OK and managing well, it's always best for the fissure to heal without surgery.
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 19 Oct 2007, 13:39

Patty,
If you are brave enough to endure the botox shots, then I would believe that doing the LIS would be a piece of cake. I don't think either option is better than the other at this point.
I think if you quiet down a bit and then see what your inner Patty says, then that is what you should do.
Good luck.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 19 Oct 2007, 15:11

I'd go for the botox again. As you're finding out, it's quite reversible. My CRS is afraid of giving me LIS. He says tight butt now means less chance of incontinence at 80. But that's just me, personally. Only you can decide what would be best in the end for you (pun intended).
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 19 Oct 2007, 17:28

Hello,
Well I am waiting for a datefor Botox. Thanks for all the responses. I want to try it one more time. Today I was ok before during, and after my BM. This makes me think I had a minor set back and I have to maintain the enviornmnet for the AF to heal...thus another shot. I will keep everyone posted.
Thanks again
Patty