Any Almond Lovers? Hehe

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Any Almond Lovers? Hehe

Postby SunshineHope » 20 Oct 2007, 01:32

Hi everyoneee Image
I was wondering if anyone else here loves nuts. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc. used to be my favorite (until I stopped because they were causing painful BMs). The other day I saw my mom soaking almonds overnight, and in the morning, I tried some and they were much softer. So I'm not sure if anyone else does that, but it helped me a lot. I'm still able to eat almonds once in a while without them ripping my skin open - just have to make sure to chew chew really well and let them soak for as long as possible!
I still think they taste yummy..
Anyways just another random post! Lots of love and healing,
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Any Almond Lovers? Hehe

Postby Cheryl » 20 Oct 2007, 02:03

I love nuts.. but i stopped eating them long ago!! I had the same trouble... i havent had them again since ive had my surgery.. ive been too scared to try them!!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Oct 2007, 06:50

I love nuts, just about any kind, anyway! Down here we like to boil our peanuts, which should even make them fissure-friendly.
Lately I have been eating lots of roasted peanuts and haven't had any problems in the loo as a result.
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 21 Oct 2007, 16:07

are u nuts!??
hehehehe.......
don't be afraid to chew chew chew some nuts. and if boiling makes them softer, even better. i wonder if you boiled them along with some oats or in some skim or soy milk if they would add flavor and nutrients to the nuts? make them even better for you.
if you really miss your nuts then perhaps grinding them at the store to get them into a creamy butter consistency would help keep the good fats and nutrients that nuts offer to your overall diet!
now be like a squirrel and get cracking on some nuts! :-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby SunshineHope » 22 Oct 2007, 02:54

Yeah, nuts have always been a great alternative to junk like chips or chocolate at school, for example, when I'm up late studying & need some munching food. Letting the almonds soak in water really helps them soften up though! I haven't tried boiling, maybe I will tomorrow.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38