This roller coaster is fun and all . . .

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: This roller coaster is fun and all . . .

Postby Savaici » 15 Feb 2012, 10:09

Have to say that I am amazed at CRS's saying Diltiazem, etc 'does not work'. Hydrocortizone ointment is not good, except for a very short time. It thins the skin, and ergo another fissure. If you visit any of the teaching hospitals on the net - JHopkins, Mayo, Cleveland - they will all speak of Calcium Channel Blockers and Nytro. I wish these surgeons would get on the same page so that us sufferers would know what is going on! Thank goodness for the internet!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: This roller coaster is fun and all . . .

Postby sailorgal » 24 Feb 2012, 19:07

I hear you, savaici - I inquired about the Ca Channel blockers and Nytro and she said they "don't work" - but after all the other posts on here it sounds like Botox's success is questionnable too. when i asked the nurse before the surgery what was the success rate for Botox in healing, her response was "we don't have that information, just focus on your healing" - not encouraging to hear as a fellow health care practitioner.
I saw my primary care physician 2 days after my 2nd post-op appointment with my CRS, again during a post BM pain crescendo and she appeared surprised that I was still in this much pain and recommended I seek a 2nd opinion. So, I have a 2nd opinion scheduled 3/8 - after i return from my holiday next week. things are VERY slowly appearing to at least move in a positive direction: last week I had 2 BAD pain-days, then got through 4 days vicodin-free; this week I've had 1 BAD pain-day, so far. so, at a tortoise's pace, perhaps i'm healing . . . I am gradually feeling more positive about things.
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8