Ah, The Burn... Hurts So Good

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Ah, The Burn... Hurts So Good

Postby Guest » 21 Feb 2012, 23:27

Last edited by jr2 on 22 Feb 2012, 09:42, edited 2 times in total.

Postby rasmith3530 » 22 Feb 2012, 09:35

Thanks Tanya, and yes, I do agree about the meds possibly having something to do with the suicidal outlook. It is a known fact that Prozac has been a factor in a number of successful suicides, and I believe that suicide is one of the side effect warnings for Cymbalta as well, at least according to the advertisements on TV. I am not as certain about Klonopin's possible role.
I am pushing to be taken off medication until someone can say, with some certainty, that said medication will actually do me some good. The first "guesswork" Med tried on me, Keppra, gave me horrendous hallucinations. The second drug, prescribed by my GP as I expressed feeling down because of a lack of solution, Celexa, did absolutely nothing positive for me, and the present cocktail, as we've discussed, may be actively harming me.
As for my fissure, after a few days respite after the hydrocortisone treatments to my back, I'm now back in pain from both the back and from the fissure. While the pain of pooping is actually down, it is the after burn of the spasms which remains to haunt me. I had two BMs yesterday, and I had not yet completed the cycle of spasms before the second one hit, so I remained in "spasm central" from about 2:30PM yesterday afternoon all the way until about 2:00AM this morning.
I do hope that the LIS is going to relieve this.
Thanks,
Rob
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby workingonit » 22 Feb 2012, 09:50

Hey Rasmith,
I would actually worry about the Klonopin most of all. IMO. It's a benzodiazapine like Ativan. On the forum I joined to help me recover (benzobuddies.org) those who were recovering from klonopin had worse symptoms of depression than those recovering from other benzos.
I'm sure the LIS will be a big relief to you Rob! I don't think you need to worry on that score.
Did you tell your docs who prescribed you the cocktail about your dark thoughts?
Sorry the spasms are getting bad again. Less than a week to go now!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby rasmith3530 » 22 Feb 2012, 10:35

Yes, and I nearly got committed to protect me against myself yesterday, for being honest about what is happening to me.
Rob
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby rasmith3530 » 25 Feb 2012, 21:10

I just wanted to give you all an update. I'm getting hyped about my upcoming surgery on Monday morning. Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end for one life issue.
I seem to be pretty much back at ground zero regarding the herniated disc/sciatica problem, and now I will have to suspend physical therapy for a bit. Not real thrilled in that regard, but accepting it as a bad side effect to losing the fissure pain.
As for whatever is going on with my head and the tremors, I am working on looking for life alternatives to replace some of the abilities/capabilities that I have lost. Spoke to the shrink at the day hospital and we are going to ween me off some of the psychotropic meds they are giving me.
Additionally, I've made a few contacts that are getting me out to more AA meetings, and all of this has me in a much better position mood wise. I've still got a number of dragons to deal with regarding my present and future, the worst of which seem to be American insurance companies, a.k.a. Vampires in business suits. I WILL overcome though!
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist