Diltiazem - Reaction

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diltiazem - Reaction

Postby Goma » 05 Feb 2012, 13:23

I just tried to apply this stuff. It burned pretty badly immediately on contact. I searched the board on here and saw that some people have had this reaction. I can't call the doctor until tomorrow as it is Sunday, but I really don't think I should apply it again. Then I had a BM about 15 minutes later (great timing I know), and I was already in pain from the creme so I had trouble, and it hurt more than it's hurt in months. I'm hoping I didn't tear again; there was no blood though, just that scraping feeling. I immediately got in the bath to get some relief and applied Vaseline after I toweled off which seems to be helping. I'm wishing I hadn't taken the creme now. Last time my doctor said I wasn't quite out of the woods yet, but was almost healed. I received the prescription about a week and a half ago as I called my doctor and was having some problems. However, I felt better after finally getting ahold of the prescription, so I didn't take it. I had a little bit of problems this morning, so I decided to go ahead and take it. I'm so worried that I've gone and made things worse!
Goma
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Diltiazem - Reaction

Postby workingonit » 01 Mar 2012, 20:32

Hi Goma,
Did you get a different topical?
How are you doing?
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Goma » 01 Mar 2012, 21:00

Tanya,

I'm doing much better since I last posted this, thanks. I didn't get a new one, but just waited it out (I had an appointment a few weeks from then). Apparently the fissure is all sealed up now, which is great news. However, my CRS said that I'm not completely out of the woods yet and have to continue to take my supplements and softeners, watch my diet, so that I don't re-tear since the skin is new. Soon, I am supposed to slowly wean myself off of this stuff. My doctor seemed a bit surprised that the diltiazem bothered me that much. He said it was probably what they mixed it with at the compounding pharamacy. Who knows... I'm just excited that I've made so much progress and hoping I really am healed. I've been feeling great for weeks now, so let's hope that continues! I've still been too scared to get off the stool softeners or eat anything risky though. I really miss tortilla chips and pizza! He said if I don't have any more problems, I don't have to come back! :o
Goma
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 02 Mar 2012, 09:46

That's great news Goma!
So did you heal without the diltiazem? I just stopped taking nifedipine as it was making my periods really heavy. Hoping I will continue to heal without it.
Your doc sounds pretty with it.
Don't worry, this will all seem like a bad dream soon enough! :)
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby Goma » 02 Mar 2012, 21:31

Tanya,
Yes, I stopped taking it and healed without it! I healed with change of diet, stool softeners, Metamucil, and a numbing ointment I took for the first couple weeks when I was in a lot of pain. I really like my CRS. The first couple doctors didn't know what they were doing at all, but once I saw this doctor, I have been slowly getting better. I've been dealing with stress better lately too, which I think was a large part of the problem.
I didn't know the nifedipine could make your periods heavy. That sounds terrible. Thanks for your comforting words. I hope you heal soon too! We'll get there eventually! :-)
Goma
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 03 Mar 2012, 13:41

Thank you Goma,
It's a slow process and it's hard to be patient.
Good to hear a happy ending that wasn't surgical! :)
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP