Scared to death about my intital CRS visit.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Scared to death about my intital CRS visit.

Postby Les104 » 08 Mar 2012, 09:39

HI
I have my intital visit to a CRS on MOnday and I am so sore back there I can't imagine how I will tolerate him checking me. :o(
It is raw to the touch and I am scared to death but I know how important it is to get this done.
What can I expect?
Thank you!
Les104
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Scared to death about my intital CRS visit.

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 08 Mar 2012, 10:14

I have been to several colorectal surgeons (i.e, hemorrhoids, fissures, etc.) and they know you are in pain so they are trained to be very gentle. They actually have a numbing cream they can rub on first which will make the exam more comfortable if you ask for it. In my experience, the anticipation of the exam is ALWAYS much worse than the actual exam. Good luck!
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Davo » 08 Mar 2012, 10:21

My first visit mainly consisted of chatting about what a fissure was, what medication i was taking, what my diet was, how long i had had it for, etc.
The inspection was just to confirm the correct diagnoses so i had to lay on my side, raise my knees to my chest and he gently parted my buttocks to take a look. Nothing else, no internals or anything - As said above they know the pain you are in and dont want to cause you any more suffering than is necessary.
You really have nothing to worry about
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby chibilink » 08 Mar 2012, 12:08

I've had the camera scope thingy, and while it's not comfortable, it's not unbearable. If its too sore even after they put the numbing agent on, they may not even do it. My experience is that they are very sensitive to the pain you are going through!
chibilink
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Savaici » 08 Mar 2012, 12:16

They will, I am sure, be sensitive to the pain that you are already experiencing. Don't be too worried, and just try to relax when you are there. Far better to get an answer than to just go on without knowing.
Best of luck Image !
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby InPain » 08 Mar 2012, 17:39

Definitely make sure you tell them how painful the area is. I went to a CRS for the first time on Monday and I was terrified; I had had a bad experience with my GP so I was expecting the worst. Surprisingly, the CRS only needed to spread the cheeks, and that was enough for him to diagnose a fistula and tell me I needed surgery. I won't lie -- even spreading the cheeks hurt, but it was 1000x better than if he had put anything inside. So it may not be nearly as bad as you think.
Best wishes that it turns out OK.
InPain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Les104 » 09 Mar 2012, 07:03

Thanks so much guys!
I will try not to worry so much. I am just ready to start moving forward with this pain/stabbing from hell!
xoxoxoxoxo
Les
Les104
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby pat123 » 09 Mar 2012, 10:35

Hang in there Les.
You will get better!
pat123
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 09 Mar 2012, 11:08

We'll all be thinking about you on Monday! Let us know how things go.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby rasmith3530 » 10 Mar 2012, 05:04

Les, my initial exam this time around involved that camera scope thingy that was mentioned above, but my CRS, knowing how much pain I was in, was quite careful. The exam portion was extremely short, and most of the visit was spent discussing the surgery I was going to be facing. He knew this was my second time around in the course of a year, and that this bout was much worse than the original.
I had my surgery on the 27th of February, and do have to note that almost two weeks post surgery, I am feeling sooo much better! I do hope that gives you something to look forward to. Oh yes, the procedure that I had was LIS (Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy). It was performed under an epidural due to some neuro psych issues I'm currently undergoing, and aside from the very strange feeling of not being able to feel or move anything below the waste for several hours, the surgery itself was quite minor and short. I experienced some degree of pain post surgery, but nothing quite so terrible as I'd had before surgery. I've had to wear Tucks pads between my cheeks in the days since, but have noted only a pinkish discharge, and no real bloody stools as I had before the surgery.
Good luck to you this coming Monday, and may your pain and suffering be brief. If you note in the general and surgery forums, I've pretty well documented my whole experience through this second meeting with the fissure monster.
Rob
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10