Diltiazem - with grit in it? Please help!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Diltiazem - with grit in it? Please help!!

Postby cherylk » 16 Feb 2011, 18:21

We need my son to graduate from pharm school and start working at a mail order pharmacy that does compounding ASAP! Image He learned about compounding in pharm school, has done compounding at a specialty pharmacy, and also took a special class for it last December in Minneapolis!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Savaici » 16 Feb 2011, 18:50

@ spinet. I did see your post from before about your experience, which actually helped me to know that having half of the sahara in the stuff was not on. Anyway, the compounding pharmacy phd me this evening to get all my details=money, and it is even now winging its way through the night to me, hopefully being delivered tomorrow.
@Cherylk. Sounds like a good idea. At least there are these sort of pharmacies out there.
I have been reading through all the old posts on Diltiazem, so am prepared for all! Will post how it does for me.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby cherylk » 16 Feb 2011, 19:14

Have positive thoughts about Diltiazem, thinking of it as your ally, knowing all the while there are other options available if necessary down the road--Botox injections, LIS, etc.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Savaici » 16 Feb 2011, 19:28

As so many have said before, I am just so glad that I found my way here to this site, with its friendly and helpful souls. It took me ages to figure out that what I have is a fissure, and coming here and seeing so many experiences written out is just so valuable. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Postby cherylk » 17 Feb 2011, 02:51

May "Cheryl, the creator" have a wonderful day today and a wonderful month and year. For me it was so depressing to have a condition that few understood and also to have so few people with whom I felt comfortable discussing an AF. Unfortunately, butt issues seem to be off limits as a discussion topic in our culture!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Savaici » 17 Feb 2011, 07:07

I confess that I have a couple of friends - female - who must be so bored to hear about the machinations of my bum just about every time we talk. But, they're very patient with me, and I do try to get off the subject. But on a bad day, they will still listen. And even phone again.
Total change of subject - I have a hoard of Red Polls chattering away on my window. Lovely sound. Sorry Off topic. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Postby cherylk » 17 Feb 2011, 07:30

It helped me in my healing process to stop discussing my butt with my husband and my mother, who were both tired of hearing about it!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Savaici » 17 Feb 2011, 12:15

cherylk wrote:It helped me in my healing process to stop discussing my butt with my husband and my mother, who were both tired of hearing about it!

My hubby is, I suspect , tired of hearing about it but is very patient with me. I try my hardest not to make it the only topic of conversation, and I succeed except when Image too much!
The Diltiazem has arrived from Boston! Gel with finger things to apply it with. I have already managed to put a little in using an applicator from something I have in a tube. I just rubbed it on it and Bob's your uncle! I am waiting for some syringes, but will manage with this for now.
Thanks for all the advice. Can't express how thankful I am for this site and its wonderfully helpful people. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Savaici » 15 Mar 2012, 12:04

I did actually change, in the end, to 0.2% Nifedipine without lidocaine, and only applied it to the outside and did not perserve with trying to push it inside. Too much pain from the ingredients inside. Worked as well outside, so the CRS said...
Savaici
Administrator