Excercise? Yes or No?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Excercise? Yes or No?

Postby notmuchfunanymore » 25 Mar 2012, 11:47

I've been 'laid up' with this fissure and something as simple as going to get groceries (pushing a full cart with two kids in it) makes my fissure flare up in pain.
Is exercise good? Bad? Light exercise only? What would you recommend for someone who hasn't been getting any exercise?
And swimming: does the swimming pool (ie. chlorine or saltwater) irritate? Is the hot tub good, or too full of chemicals?
I would love to go swimming, but I'm scared I won't live past the experience!
I say a Hail Mary when I poo.
notmuchfunanymore
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Re: Excercise? Yes or No?

Postby deepfissure » 25 Mar 2012, 12:20

My CRS told me excersise is good; good for the bloodflow down there but then in "normal" life (non AF life!) I workout a lot. I explained this to him and he said carry on, unless it causes any pain! I usually swim 3 times a week and haven't had any negative symptoms (as far as I am aware) but on another thread I know some get aggravated by the chlorine.
It sounds pretty bad for you to move, so I would suggest walking for now; it sounds like anything more may give you even greater pain. You could try swimming and see if you get a reaction; maybe 10 mins and see if you get a reaction. Avoid the hot tub; they are a breeding ground for germs and bacteria; I wouldn't go into a public hot tub even without an AF!
Good luck, hope you can find something that works without too much pain.
JT
deepfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby deepfissure » 26 Mar 2012, 11:49

Hey, just thought I would update you; I decided to have a swim this morning and paid attention to how I felt before, during and after. As usual, I had my morning BM which wasn't too bad today, with more of a "soreness" rather than pain (so far so good). I swam for 30 minutes, same kind of soreness continued but after I showered and got into the office I was fine! Today has been a good day without pain! I was visibly cheery in the office!
The only reason I say this is swimming didn't have a negative effect on me. I had a bad day yesterday so was surprised by today's improvement. Long may it continue!
JT
deepfissure
Fibre Addict

Postby notmuchfunanymore » 26 Mar 2012, 15:01

Thanks for the update!
I am definitely going to give swimming a try. And I plan to start going for walks again, just going to take it all easy. Been feeling better-- successful grocery shop today, so maybe all will go well!
I say a Hail Mary when I poo.
notmuchfunanymore
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby deepfissure » 27 Mar 2012, 13:43

Great news! Day by day! I had a good day too! I'm not getting complacent though; been here before!
Fingers crossed swimming works for you.
JT
deepfissure
Fibre Addict