Skin tag removal under general - stitches or?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Skin tag removal under general - stitches or?

Postby Lmw31 » 30 Mar 2012, 00:16

Well new on here but so glad to find the site!
Just looking for help & advise, I suffered from constipation a lot as a child & in turn I suffered from fissures, I am now in my 30s & have had an anal skin tag for the best part of 15yrs which I have decided its time for it to go, I am lucky to have private healthcare in the uk so I am having surgery in the next two weeks. The skin tags don't really cause too many issues apart from its difficult to keep clean & I am v self conscious about it when I'm with my boyfriend.
Now the surgeon has told me I will be having a general, which for starters I wasn't expecting but he has also mentioned about not stitching the area & leaving an open wound as stitches can sometimes burst or cause infection :-/ I'm a little freaked out about having a open wound in this area Image
Can anyone help on this issue? Read so many posts against this surgery, mostly bad :-/ is anyone actually glad to of gone through with the op? According to my Crs only 10% of people wish they had never had it done :-/
Thanks guys! :-)
Lmw31

Topics: 1

Re: Skin tag removal under general - stitches or?

Postby Guest » 30 Mar 2012, 07:43

I had a skin tag removed under general also had botox done at the same time, and to be fair I was scared to death to the point I was thinking of cancelling the op cos of the general but hubby said itd be better being asleep as you wouldn't feel all the goings on and be concious of people not only looking at but touching your bum and he was right I woke up felt great and had no uncofortablness about people looking down there. I also had it on private and they didn't stitch up the wound they left it to heal itself which worried me but it was fine it healed really well and wasn't very painful and as far as I can see/tell there's no real mark left behind (haven't actually asked hubby to look but I'm sure it looks normal). So don't worry it'll be fine and within a week maybe 2 your be all sorted. Let us know how you get on. X

Re: Skin tag removal under general - stitches or?

Postby Lmw31 » 30 Mar 2012, 08:15

Phew, You wouldn't believe how relieved I am to hear a happy ending, just read so many horror stories on here I was starting to wonder if I had made the right decision. Still not sure about the no stitches but also don't like the idea of the stitches splitting or getting infected Image
Sounds like your op went smoothly though and had a pretty good recovery, just hope mine is the same! Will let you know how I get on!
Thanks again! X Image
Lmw31

Topics: 1