Appearance PostOp Question..HELP

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Appearance PostOp Question..HELP

Postby GoshMyButtHurts » 17 Apr 2012, 16:29

I just had LIS and fissurectomy about 10 hours ago. The pain has been unbearable even with 10-20mgs of Oxycodone every 3-4 hrs!! So I looked in mirror at my bottom and it looks like I have a GIGANTIC hemmorhoid where my bum hole was. Is it supposed to look like this or is it normal at all? Someone help this hypochondriac PLEASE!! Im in complete duress and the pain is more than I can continue to take! Haven't even passed wind yet and I can't imagine the pain being any worse. I immediately regret this decision to let my doc cut on me. Should my b-hole look like a huge hemmorhoid???????? Image
GoshMyButtHurts

Topics: 1

Re: Appearance PostOp Question..HELP

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 17 Apr 2012, 18:48

Is the "bump" purple or blue?
If so, it could be a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. These can happen sometimes following anal surgery. Thrombosed external hemorrhoids are generally VERY painful. If it is a thrombosed external hemorrhoid, you can go to your doctor (or the emergency room) and they can easily drain it. Basically, they slice the hemorrhoid open and squeeze out the clot. The pain usually decreases immediately.
I would recommend going to the doctor or ER and letting someone take a look at it as soon as possible.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby GoshMyButtHurts » 17 Apr 2012, 21:40

Its a VERY bright red color. If I place a Tucks pad on it it'll shrink a bit for a few minutes but then swells right back up. It isn't blue or purple but its a different color than all the area surrounding it. I have an appt with my pain management dr in the morning and I'm going to ask him to look at it even though its not necessarily his area of practice. Another pain filled sleepless night I suppose.
GoshMyButtHurts

Topics: 1

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 17 Apr 2012, 22:42

GMBH, I had both a LIS and a fissurectomy, too -- and post-op, my bottom looked like someone had taken a baseball bat and went nuts on me! I was swollen, black and blue, etc. -- it was NOT a pretty sight!
I had the bruising and quite a large area of swelling, for at least 2-3 weeks. The swelling WILL go down - and mine has, but I still have tenderness and a small amount of swelling by the incision area -- like a little tag area. BTW, my surgery was 2 1/2 months ago - and I'm STILL in the healing process.
Don't panic! Just do the best you can to keep things clean and quiet down below. Remember, give yourself time -- you'll need more of it, yet, before you see and feel a positive difference.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Davo » 17 Apr 2012, 23:00

Hi,
Yes as Sweet Bugaboo says everything is Black & Blue and swollen down there following surgery. This is just bruising & swelling and at the moment you are seeing things at their worst - over the course of the next few days the bruising will start to calm down and the pain will ease up.
The first week following surgery is when the pain is at its worst so try and relax as much as possible and take plenty of nice warm baths.
A fissurectomy can be a little more uncomfortable and prolong the healing process however it allows the fissure to heal in a nice clean manner.
I am sure in a few weeks time you will be saying how this surgery was the best thing you have ever had.
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 17 Apr 2012, 23:43

Davo wrote:Hi,
Yes as Sweet Bugaboo says everything is Black & Blue and swollen down there following surgery. This is just bruising & swelling and at the moment you are seeing things at their worst - over the course of the next few days the bruising will start to calm down and the pain will ease up.
The first week following surgery is when the pain is at its worst so try and relax as much as possible and take plenty of nice warm baths.
A fissurectomy can be a little more uncomfortable and prolong the healing process however it allows the fissure to heal in a nice clean manner.
I am sure in a few weeks time you will be saying how this surgery was the best thing you have ever had.
Davo

Hey, Davo! Good to see you here. Have you tried that Aussie pizza, yet? (The "Sydney")
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11