Help please :(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Help please :(

Postby aram122 » 19 Apr 2012, 00:11

Hey all,
I had my LIS on the 11th of March. first 2 weeks were hell but things started to improve later on until I was pain free. Now I am in pain again but the pain is in my left butt cheek!! I can not sit on it and it bothers me even when I am walking. The area of the pain is at the bottom and close to my ass crack. My anus feels fine just a little bit of soreness and it only bothers me when I pull inside. Other than that I still have yellow discharge but when I last checked with my doc. he said its fine as a matter of fact when I was at my doc. office i had no pain what so ever! he even poked me to check if my fissure healed and I didn't even feel his finger inside I was pain free. anyway my doctor is out of town for 3 weeks and I see him back on the 9th of May. Donno what to do I was check my anus yesterday and the site of LIS was very hard like a rock but not painful pain is generally from my butt cheek this is weird. I have general unwell feeling its like malaise but I have no fever at all I keep checking every couple of hours and it ranges from 35.9 to 37. I am afraid this could be an infection, yesterday after a watery stool while I was wiping i noticed tiny bits of blood. please help!
aram122
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Help please :(

Postby jr2 » 19 Apr 2012, 08:39

Aram
I'm so sorry to hear your pain has returned and you are still having trouble after your surgery. Of course the pain could be a lot of things, but an infection and/or fistula really needs to be more thoroughly investigated by a CRS, especially since you are having drainage. Sometimes it isn't immediately obvious and the physician needs to do a more thorough exam with a scope, and sometimes even an MRI is done, but usually this isn't needed. Did your doctor do any blood work on you? Have you considered getting another opinion?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby aram122 » 19 Apr 2012, 14:32

Dear jr2, thank you for your response i called the docs office today and they told me to get cipro and flagyl and to see if there any improvement in 3 days if not to go er and the crs there will check me. Sadly my body aches and my fever now is 37.5 my pain is not coming from my lis site nor my fissure site. Its at the end of my buttocks coukd an infection form away from my lis site?
aram122
Fibre Addict

Postby jr2 » 19 Apr 2012, 15:08

well, it's not really possible to say what is going on. It would be better to be seen by a physician than merely have the office throw antibiotics at you over the phone. But it is possible that it is related to the LIS if you have formed a fistula. I hope you feel better soon, and definitely get yourself to an ER if you are having any worsening, even with the antibiotics, and especially monitor your temperature. Please keep us posted!
jr2

Postby aram122 » 19 Apr 2012, 15:49

Yeah i will see how things will go until sat. I hope i.will get better cause the idea of having another surgery is just unbearable as i am sure i will get kicked from work. A fistula sounds really annoying i just hope that its just sth normal and it will pass. My discharge is yellowish its the same discharge that i got after my lis sometimes my gauze would be clean but there will be some after a bm. Anyway will.keep you posted
aram122
Fibre Addict

Postby jr2 » 19 Apr 2012, 16:00

is there any kind of redness or swelling you can see on your skin over the area where you are hurting? Did the surgery drainage resolve and then start up again, or has that been pretty constant? Is the pain higher up, like closer to your tailbone area? Just kind of wondering out loud.
jr2

Postby aram122 » 19 Apr 2012, 16:13

No swelling or redness. Anus is looking good i had some swelling from surgery and that went away. The area is just painful! Drainage did not stop after lis but it has decreased in amount. I dont have constipation and pain free while passing stools. Yesterday was tiny one spot of bright blood while i was wipping but nothing major. I had watery stools over the last couple of days. Could it be that i hurt the mucle and the incision site cuz i went back to jogging and running for an hour 3 times a week?
aram122
Fibre Addict

Postby aram122 » 19 Apr 2012, 16:15

Oh and pain is in my lower end of my left butt cheek not at the tailbone
aram122
Fibre Addict

Postby jr2 » 19 Apr 2012, 16:22

totally possible that you've just managed to aggravate something. With that antibiotic cocktail they are giving you it would be a very very good idea for you to take a good quality, high potency probiotic if at all possible. Taken at least a few hours apart from your dose of antibiotics. The last thing you need right now is a lot of diarrhea or constipation that can result from antibiotic use, especially something as potent as Cipro. A probiotic doesn't give a guarantee of being problem free, but it is better than doing nothing and just letting the antibiotics mess up the flora in your intestine.
jr2

Postby aram122 » 19 Apr 2012, 16:26

Sure thing. I checked my temp. Now and its down to 37 all by itself. As a matter of fact it never crossed 37.5 which is considered normal but that malaise feeling is annoying.
aram122
Fibre Addict