Anyone ever had a Fistulotomy?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone ever had a Fistulotomy?

Postby rustyelf » 21 Apr 2012, 16:59

I had a superficial fistula operated on about 7 1/2 months ago. The healing initially went well, but I had a few bumps in the road that set me back. I am now doing a lot better than I was before the surgery and right after, but I am still not 100%. I feel like I am close to being all healed, but it still aggravates me slightly.
I hoped that it would have been healed by 8 months, but if it takes longer, I am okay with it. But, I am worried that it's not going to heal. If it hasn't healed by now, why would it? Maybe I'm just being impatient, but I am really frustrated. It doesn't affect me too much, but I can definitely still feel it down there. There isn't really any discharge, but things do begin to smell if I am sitting for a while.
Has anyone ever taken this long to recover from a fistulotomy? I don't want to go back to the doctor but I suppose I may have to? Also, should I still be taking baths? It takes up a lot of time and I don't want to do things that are unnecessary. I can't really feel a bump down there anymore and it does feel better. However, it still irritates me and can get worse on different days.
What does everyone think? Should I see the doctor again or just be patient? Any advice?
rustyelf
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3