Hit the 4 month post op mark!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Hit the 4 month post op mark!!!

Postby Sue1962 » 26 Apr 2012, 05:52

Hi All,
It has been quite a while since I have popped in here. I am about to hit the 4 month mark of my surgery and just wanted to let those who are considering surgery or just had it know how things progress, well for me. I know everyone is different and heals at different rates. There are alot of new names here to me, so not sure if anyone will even know what I went through before surgery. I did post alot in this topic the first week after surgery on exactly what I did and how I was feeling. Long story short. I had suffered with AF for 3 years on/off with the last 8 months being by far the worst!!! Pain was a 10 almost everyday and I was so freaked out by the surgery, but I just couldn't live like that anymore. I found a great CRS in Annapolis and he totally changed my life. I had a very deep, to the muscle fissure with a tag. I only had LIS, my CRS said my tag was small and would shrink up, which it has. The past 4 months have gone by so fast and have been pain free. I am back to my old life again. I have not had any set backs, no bleeding or stool incontinence. I have felt wonderful since about 5 days post op and have not looked back since. I have been riding my Harley pain free!!! So for anyone considering surgery, DO IT!!!! I just can't say that enough. I know it is scary facing it and making the choice to have it, but when it's all done it is worth it. I just wish I did it alot sooner. I wasted so much time worrying about my butt, starving myself and being miserable. I wish you all well and hope you heal with or without surgery and become pain free.
Sue
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: Hit the 4 month post op mark!!!

Postby Davo » 26 Apr 2012, 06:07

Hi Sue,
I am glad everything is still going great and you have made a full recovery. It's surprising how you appreciate everyday life much more now you have become fissure free.
I had my LIS on the 14th March and healed within about a week and a half. LIS really was a quickfix for me and my pain score at worst post-surgery was a 3. Its now about six weeks since my surgery and my life is completely back to normal... no pain, no discomfort, no blood, no nothing!! The only side effect I have noticed is my ever expanding waistline which is making a rapid come back....... ohh how i am enjoying junk food again!!!
Just to reiterate what Sue said - If you are considering LIS surgery don't hesitate, just go for it!! You literally can get your life back in about 4 minutes flat!!!
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby MelissaB » 26 Apr 2012, 09:20

I'm so envious of you both. My pain after surgery is way worse. I'm looking forward to a new day.
MelissaB
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby MelissaB » 28 Apr 2012, 09:30

BTW - Sue, I've missed you on here!
MelissaB
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Sue27uk » 28 Apr 2012, 10:07

Hi Sue! I remember you! I'm really glad to hear you've recovered well. I am still battling, thought things had improved but this week has been a setback. Got a hospital appointment a week on Tuesday so hopefully I will get some more help. After 15 months of this now I am a bit fed up! Nothing compared to your 3 years though! But I am so glad you are back to your old life, enjoy it! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Ginniemac » 01 May 2012, 09:24

Wonderful news Sue. I remember reading your posts and how nervous you were about getting surgery and I'm so happy things have worked out for you.
Ginnie xxx
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby ken2021 » 04 Aug 2021, 08:54

MelissaB wrote:I'm so envious of you both. My pain after surgery is way worse. I'm looking forward to a new day.

So many years passed how are you now?
ken2021
Salt Bather

Topics: 1