Colonoscopy revives fissure previously healed by LIS

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Colonoscopy revives fissure previously healed by LIS

Postby BillUltra » 28 Apr 2012, 19:18

Hello from Alabama. I'm a 51 year old male who suffered from a fissure for years, and nothing worked. When the pain got unbearable 4 years ago, I finally agreed to surgery, and it was successful! I got my life back! Steaks, hot wings, anything I wanted to eat and do.
My GP preached the usual recommendation for men my age of regular colonoscopies, so I went 6 weeks ago. The proctologist removed a polyp near the top of my rectum that just never healed, and after a few painful bm's it ended up fissuring all the way down to my anus.
I don't know which was worse: The unspeakable pain that was 10 times worse than anything I could ever imagine, or the psychological agony of knowing I went in as a perfectly healthy man for an exploratory procedure that I really didn't need, and now I will never be the same. This is the worst thing I've ever experienced, but I know I'm preaching to the choir.
Only in the past 3 days have I found a regimen that has allowed the top part of the wound to heal, which I will share in the General forum.
My heart goes out to each and every one of you who are suffering along with me from this devastating life-destroying condition.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Colonoscopy revives fissure previously healed by LIS

Postby workingonit » 28 Apr 2012, 19:53

Oh my gosh Bill. That's terrible. I hope it heals for you quickly!!!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby De819 » 29 Apr 2012, 18:49

I feel your pain I was getting better and the exam made me worse. They want to do a sigmoidoscopy just to take a look make sure nothing else is going on. But I know it will at best set me back months on my recovery. I've since canceled the appt and hope since my Heath is been fantastic that everything is good.
De819
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby BillUltra » 29 Apr 2012, 21:22

Good for you. I have had my last colonoscopy, that's for sure. I'm not afraid to roll the dice when the alternative is a lifetime of agony, stripped of most everything that gives me joy in life. I curse the day I listened to them.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19