New here and would like to know if anyone is similar to me

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here and would like to know if anyone is similar to me

Postby Davo » 27 Jan 2012, 09:41

When my fissure was at its worst the most painful position for me was standing still, if i started walked or sat down that would give me some (albeit minor) relief.
I did get checked out for a fistula and if you have one it should look a bit like a spot somewhere in the vacinity of the rectum. They normally leak puss or discharge and would be painful to touch - by the sounds of it you probably just have a fissure.
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby frankel » 27 Jan 2012, 10:26

i hope it is "just" a fissure i've been trying to get a definitive if possible as to where fistulas appear, i thought that most end up showing more in the cheek.....my whatever it is, is a fraction behind the rectal opening, just off the ring...but close to it!!!
frankel
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby frankel » 30 Apr 2012, 07:36

ok, finally had a sigmoidoscopy today and good news, the guy said that the fissure was healed and although the spasm was still there ,everything else was normal.
For anyone else who has to go for a sigmoid, sure it is uncomfortable when the air goes in (stomach cramps) takes your breath away a little but that is it, you can't feel the camera moving about inside,you are a bit windy a lot after but that eases the pain from the trapped wind quite quickly, so all in all it was far better than i thought it would be.
I've been lucky as although i've had a fissure for the past 6 months it wasn't one where i suffered from the pain that plenty of others have had, i've had no pain just a feeling that there was something there, my crs told me though that it could keep coming and going for years and i must keep up with the dilatazem cream as soon as i notice a flare up.
good luck to all suffering.
frankel
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby workingonit » 30 Apr 2012, 17:27

Yeah!!!
I love happy endings. Image
Sounds like a good doctor.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP