LIS surgery in a few hours

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS surgery in a few hours

Postby TryingToLoveMyRearEnd » 04 May 2012, 02:11

I have been reading this forum for several months and just now got signed up to post. I tried several times but I never got the email to verify my account. I also just spent an hour writing a post and when I hit send, the message I got was that I was logged out and my post didn't show up :(
So....I leave in about 2 hours for my LIS and there will be other work done because I have anal stenosis. I wish that I had the energy to rewrite what I wrote but I haven't slept at all tonight (it's 3 am) and I am getting too tired and I have to do a lovely enema in an hour Image
I want to thank everyone who has written on this forum. I have learned so much from you and it has been a major help in dealing with my fissure. I have had fissures on and off for 6 to 7 years and this last re-occurrence happened in mid January 2012. It is the worst one yet. Pain and spasm 24 hours a day. CRS said I was so tight that I would never heal and that I would just keep laying down scar tissue and that it will continue to get worse.
If anyone is interested I plan on posting my surgery and recovery experience in detail, the good, bad and the ugly. I want to do this because reading other people's experience has been a huge help to me. Knowledge is power and I am so thankful for everyone who posted their experiences. I know going into this that it may be very difficult or it could be much easier than I am worried about. I know that everyone heals at a different pace.
Thanks so much for everyone who takes the time to post and help others!
TryingToLoveMyRearEnd

Topics: 2

Re: LIS surgery in a few hours

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 04 May 2012, 08:53

I hope your surgery goes well! Thanks in advance for posting your post-operation experience.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby jr2 » 04 May 2012, 09:10

yes, thank you so much in advance for being willing to share your experience. Wishing the best with your surgery and your recovery!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby 44alegna44 » 05 May 2012, 09:34

Best Wishes on your up-coming surgery and recovery...we're all rooting for you Image !
Looking forward to your update,
Angel :D
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

By now it is done!

Postby Bottominal Blues » 05 May 2012, 15:14

You're done, now just need time to heal. Wishing you all the best for a relatively pain free recovery...or that you have really good drugs if you need them! Lookin forward to hearing about your experiences.
Anne
Bottominal Blues
Salt Bather

Topics: 10