Hi fellow bum sufferers

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi fellow bum sufferers

Postby Neen » 06 May 2012, 14:58

Hi, I am new to this forum, but want to say that 3 weeks after my fissurectomy/LIS I am feeling very hopeful. My fissure started in Dec. 2011 ....I thought it was hemmies so I let it go. I was in so much pain, stopped eating etc..you all know the cycle. It got to be bearable here and there...but by March, I was not functioning. When I was on the toilet, I would brace myself by holding onto the wall, then I would cry. I had severe panic attacks at the thought of having a bm. I had a trip planned to Germany in April, so I went to the dr. on March 30. My dr. wasnt available so I saw anotherone. He had me scared to death that i may have an anal abcess. I was freaking out and panicking. So they tried to get me in with the surgeon...of course no appts for 3 months. I ended up going to the ER the next day. They did a pelvic CT scan to make sure there was nothing else going on...(unnecessary, but at least I knew I had nothing life threatening)..They needed to put me under before I would let them do a proctoscope because of my pain. They found the fissure of course. Sent me on my way and gave me diet guidelines. Did not work!!!!! I waited a week and called the surgeon and begged for appt. They saw me that week , and my surgery was the following Mon. That was 3 weeks ago. the week after surgery sucks big time. My fissure was very deep the dr. said , so I am sure that had alot to do with pain before and after. Today, I poop without bracing myself and without crying . I am getting my life back. For everyone in pain, GET THE SURGERY. For me, the pain after surgery has been nothing compared to before the surgery. Praise God, I feel human again and so can you! Hang in there everyone! :D
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Hi fellow bum sufferers

Postby workingonit » 07 May 2012, 10:36

Thanks for the words of wisdom Neen and sharing your story!
So glad you are on the road to recovery!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Neen » 07 May 2012, 17:33

Thanks Tanya...I am praying it all continues...
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby sailorgal » 07 May 2012, 21:24

Thanks for sharing your story, Neen!
my fissure started in late november 2011; didn't respond to conservative treatment; had fissurectomy with Botox jan 2012 - recovery was very painful and slow; now dealing with recurrence of symptoms; going to see my crs tomorrow for an anuscope and at this point seriously considering LIS (was considering 2nd botox) - but a bit confused as to what i should do, and nervous at the "definitive permanent fix", but isn't that what we all want anyway?
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Neen » 08 May 2012, 09:38

I hope you are feeling better sailorgal...I am sorry your first surgery didnt leave things better for you. So you didnt have LIS with your first surgery? I can tell such a difference from the LIS...even though it is painful to have the fissurectomy and LIS I am glad I did it. Had my 3 week post op today...dr. didnt even have to check my bum..(than You God)..I havent had any drainage and only bleeding was at the time of my first real BM a week after surgery. I feel blessed that I have had a very good post op...Let me know how you are doing...I feel for you not having the relief you anticipated...
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby sailorgal » 08 May 2012, 19:49

Thanks, Neen! Well definitely keep posted in my thread. continue with your happy healing!
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8