Try to take 2 weeks off after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Good luck Mary!

Postby Bottominal Blues » 14 May 2012, 20:34

HI Mary,
Yeah, my surgery was on a tuesday and the CRS said I could go back to work on the Monday, I too am glad I read this forum to see how others recovered. There is no way I could have gone back on the monday, as I said, it was day 10 and I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. Went back today and other than some wicked itching (do I have worms or something!), I feel better than I have in a year! I did have prep, but he also did a colonoscopy the day before and I just stayed on clear fluids to avoid a second prep. I had a BM the next day, but I guess everyone is different. I think you will be fine after the week off...lucky your boss is understanding. I needed a note and the doctor was reluctant to sign it for 2 weeks (but I bribed his secretary with a Tim Hortons coffee and voila, $10 later I had my note!). Good luck, you will be so happy when it is done, well, maybe 10days after it was done! I am!!! Anne
Bottominal Blues
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?