What is wrong with me???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: What is wrong with me???

Postby jr2 » 18 May 2012, 20:09

so I've heard... sometimes though it gets pretty dark for pretty long before the first lights show up... we all just have to keep looking out for it, knowing it has got to be coming eventually... You've already been so courageous to get this far, the light has got to, got to, got to be coming soon...
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby 44alegna44 » 18 May 2012, 20:49

Hi Jen,
Wow oh wow, that was some pretty serious surgery...explains a lot in relation to the pain. :( Thankfully you had a somewhat better day today, and my hope is that each new day will follow suit. Image The last thing you want after surgery is worse pain than before...definitely a cruel and challenging mind game. But at least now since talking to your surgeon, you better understand why you're in the pain your in...your bottom really took a beating! please do remain optimistic, positive and patient while in the recovery stage...sometimes things do seem to get worse before they get better....but they will get better. Image
Best wishes for comfortable and continued healing!
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2012, 01:50

Just stopping by to give you a hug Image and wish you fast and complete recovery Image !!!!
Having fistula is one of the MOST painful conditions one can have and surgery is usually VERY painful and recovery much slower than after LIS and such - so you are doing great !!! Image Not to mention that it seems you had "U" shaped fistula Image - as far as I know it is one of the most complicated fistulas that there is :(
Good that you contacted your doctor - never hesitate to call them and if you do not start feeling better soon, ask for a check-up too ! Why wonder "what is going on" , you are in enough pain as it is Image and need at least to have a peace of mind "that all looks well down there" : ))) !!!!
Get well soon !!!! Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61