12 days post fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

12 days post fissurectomy

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 08 May 2012, 18:04

Ok, so I realized I posted my backstory in the general anal fissure discussion. Don't want to re-type it all so my question is are there folks out there who really struggled with pain and healing after fissurectomy only? I thought I would be so much farther along in my healing. Thank you.
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: 12 days post fissurectomy

Postby bdawn » 08 May 2012, 20:25

Hey there,
I didn't have a fissurectomy but had LIS a year and a 1/2 ago. I was on this forum for over a year,was actually part of administration at one time and cancelled my account. I've read many post in here and it seems fissurectomies can take a little longer to heal than just LIS alone. I had LIS and a skin tag removed and needed 2 and a 1/2- 3 weeks before feeling pretty good. Each week showed improvement while healing... It can be a slow process sometimes. Don't get discouraged, it eventually happens!!
bdawn
Fibre Addict

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 09 May 2012, 06:39

Thank you for the support it really helps. The hard part is I actually think I feel worse now in some ways than I did three days after surgery. If I felt like it was slowly getting better that would be great but I kinda feel the opposite. Maybe when I get off the miralax and stop going so much it will get less irritated down there!
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Postby Neen » 14 May 2012, 09:22

12 days post op I was feeling crappy still...I didnt even start taking miralax until 2 weeks post op...I thought it would be a violent laxative and wasnt going there...I wish i would have sooner ...anyway...I think at 3 weeks I felt semi human...I am 4 weeks now and I wont call it "pain" when I go...just a tiny bit sore...nothing compared to before....but yeah...it sucks those first couple weeks because we are told to eat fiber so we dont get constipated, but then pooping all day is no picnic either. I am getting closer to normal life again...but like everyone else my prayer when I poop is "please God, skinny,fast and no blood" :) .... I hope you will see a big diff. in week 3/4 as i have. Take care and hang in there!
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby Emm123 » 15 May 2012, 22:18

I'm on day 17 post LIS and fissurectomy and I have an idea of how u feel like its worse than before but hang it there alright :-) I can't sit for
as long as I used to before still but I had some minor hiccups.
If its one thing you should try to do is lower your stress and don't worry. Believe me that's hard but it plays a huge role in this. The psychological aspect of it is so critical as well! Try to be confident because it really helps. But do know your limits too k?
Good luck with it and we've got a great bunch here so don't worry just keep us in touch and we'll try to help you in anyway we can :-)
Emm123
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 17 May 2012, 19:06

Thanks Emm. That makes me feel better. I don't want to curse myself but I do feel like the last few days have maybe been a tiny bit better. I'm hoping one more week and I'll see a more noticeable difference. Good luck with your healing, hope it's getting better every day!
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Postby Emm123 » 21 May 2012, 01:24

Thanks a lot. Sorry I'm now replying. I had some ups and downs. Now its a bit up thank God.
How are you going?
Emm123
Salt Bather

Topics: 3