skin tag removal today! (will try to keep updated) :)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

skin tag removal today! (will try to keep updated) :)

Postby yup » 07 May 2012, 15:22

I decided I owed this forum...you have all been so so helpful! I delt with a fissure for months...I still have it, but have managed to get the spasms under control. I will write about that in another post. :) Anyway, when I first had the fissure diagnosed this past December, I found out that I had a pretty large anal skin tag, maybe the size of a marble. I had no clue that I had it...yeah.... So, ever since I have had the spasms under control (Feb) I have been obsessed with the skin tag!! It has caused me some problems, but mostly I just wanted it gone!!!! So...today was the day! :) I went into the OR on light meds to relax me, they put me on the table, I made sure my music was set, and the next moment I was being wheeled down the hall asking if it was done!! (I did not have general anaesthesia...just knocked out) I felt not a thing! I am home now (5 hours post op) and so far, I have zero pain. I took two advil about an hour ago only in anticipation of pain. I know I have read about pain coming later...so we'll see. :) I will keep you updated, as I have benefited sooooooo much from others doing the same!
yup

Topics: 1

Re: skin tag removal today! (will try to keep updated) :)

Postby yup » 29 May 2012, 19:52

ok...wow...i did a horrible job at keeping that updated! i'm so sorry! if it makes anyone feel better, i was actually so busy with my normal life that i kinda forgot about it! so..i was in a little pain for the 1st two nights..it was really more like a strange uncomfortableness...other than that, i took advil for a couple of days and that was it. i actually went bowling the day after my surgery! i was a little sore doing such things as getting in the car, but besides that, it was really no big deal at all. i was expecting hell, and i was incredibly shocked by how easy everything has been. my first few bms were a little sore, not bad...but i did go directly into the shower instead of wiping. after each shower, i dried myself by a fan and put my antibacterial medicine on...and now, 3 weeks post op, i hardly even remember that i had anything done! it is just a little bit lumpy down there, but my dr. assures me that it is just a little swelling that could take a month or so to totally go down. even if the few little lumps from the stitches stay there, it will still be one of the best decisions i have made! :)
yup

Topics: 1