6 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

6 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Postby BGAN » 31 May 2012, 09:16

Hi friends,
I am going to make this one quick because I really don't have much to say!
Things are going really well around here. It's been several weeks now with no blood, in the bowl or on the TP (I was a heavy/chronic bleeder, so this is HUGE).
I was able to go running two times last week without any issue.
I still have a little bit of tender/burning pain back there, but the doctor said to expect that. It doesn't bother me that much, but I guess I am still healing back there.
My wife likes to look at me back there 1 time a day, and she says that she can't even see the excision/fissure site anymore. That's great to hear. The fissure was very visible post op for the first 3 weeks or so (looked like a small open cut). I couldn't see it pre op b/c of the tag.
I am still doing my baths after I have a BM (when possible).
I am also still taking Colace at night along with the rest of regimen. Really looking forward to getting off of that stuff, but will probably wait until after my next post-op visit with the doc later this month.
My eating is still based around the fissure friendly diet, but I have started eating a bit more. Instead of having full meals of the off-limits stuff, I now just like to try things here and there. Popcorn has not been an issue at all. I have had it about 5 or so times. I do make sure chew very well. Not a bad idea b/c it forces you to slow down a bit (it's easy to shovel popcorn in as we all know).
Well, that's about it. Hoping for continued positive healing.
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: 6 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Postby 44alegna44 » 31 May 2012, 18:16

Hey bgan :D
Each update gets better and better! Slow and steady is surely working for you Image ! How was that first run being that you haven't been out there for a while? How'd your body react to that kind of exercise your first time back out? Mentally I'm sure it was quite stimulating Image
It's great to hear more good news from you...I'm happy for you and always look forward to more positive posts... I know they're coming Image

Stay well and continued best wishes Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 31 May 2012, 19:10

BGAN,
Running!!!! That is so awesome that you are making so much awesome progress and seeing improvement with each passing week! Image
And it's great to get the feel from you that you are feeling more upbeat and confident! Image
Best wishes for continued improvements and full healing!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby BGAN » 01 Jun 2012, 09:26

Thank you Angel and JR!
Your continued support is so refreshing. I still can't get over how great this site is!
Running was great, no pain during or after, albeit a slight irritation (but the one I usually have). It was a race and I ran with a relative who is kind of slow, so I was able to take it nice and easy. She was able to keep me at my speed, b/c if I was alone I would have surely tried to race it. Prior to the surgery, I was a competitive runner. It may be some time until I get back to that level, but for now, I am just glad I am running again.
Otherwise, things are going well! Just hoping to stay on this positive course
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby tiredofpain » 02 Jun 2012, 16:42

BGAN, great to know you are healing well. This is so encouraging to everyone looking for an alternative for LIS. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.
TP
tiredofpain
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?