AF advice needed.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF advice needed.

Postby Chesty » 01 Jun 2012, 20:52

jr2 was talking to me in the intro forums. In a nut shell I have a ton of questions and I do not completely trust my doc due to the fact he told me he has never suffered from these.
I started with 1 AF and I knew the second it happened, I could feel it. It seemed heal in a couple weeks after my GP prescribed a cream for me. Well being a bit on the OCD side I was checking constantly every day sometimes 20+ times. Low and behold 2 days after I started checking progress a lot I had two more, which my doc told me I gave to my self pulling and stretching the area so much. Can checking to much pulling stretching, etc cause me to give myself more of these infernal things?
Now I am just worried sick all the time. The pain is intolerable and I have to constantly switch positions to find comfort which means it is ALWAYS on my mind. The last 3-4 days the area below my belly button aka the intestines if I am recalling right has been a nervous wreck. It feels rather like always having butterflies in my stomach so to speak. My BM's have been way off diareha etc.
I am wondering is this all due to nerves and stressing over this? I tend to worry about my health a lot more since turning 40 and I feel like these things are wrecking my life.
I would love some advice here.
Chesty
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: AF advice needed.

Postby Chesty » 02 Jun 2012, 00:38

Does anyone have any advice here for me, I can not imagine how pulling that area apart to check healing and apply medicine could cause more tears.
Chesty
Fibre Addict

Postby Sue27uk » 02 Jun 2012, 12:08

Your upset stomach could be from stressing too much, I suffer from IBS and this can flare when I get upset. Do try not to stress too much! Easier said than done I know and I still have my moments after suffering depression following this. However, I would try applying GTN again to see if that improves things and drink plenty of water. eat a healthy diet, and some here use sitz baths to help ease the pain after a bm. If things don't improve after a month or so I would go back to your GP to see if you can see a CRS to help. I had to apply cream for 3-4 months before I was referred for botox last November. I must admit that hasn't been 100% successful and I am due to have another procedure soon to help (as it has healed on top but not underneath). But botox can help if you're willing to try.
No matter how painful it is I would try and apply the cream as it will improve things. I wouldn't keep pulling apart to see as this can make it more painful. Good luck in whatever you decide to do! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby 44alegna44 » 02 Jun 2012, 14:44

Hi Chesty,
Did you read gc3452's thread.. "unusual tearing"...this should reassure you that what your doc says seems accurate. You need to stop checking that area, especially as much as you have been, and also be careful of the position you are in when applying any creams/ointments to the area. Yes, you can absolutely tear yourself by doing this Image .
Good luck and best wishes, Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Chesty » 03 Jun 2012, 13:37

44alegna44 wrote:Hi Chesty,
Did you read gc3452's thread.. "unusual tearing"...this should reassure you that what your doc says seems accurate. You need to stop checking that area, especially as much as you have been, and also be careful of the position you are in when applying any creams/ointments to the area. Yes, you can absolutely tear yourself by doing this Image .
Good luck and best wishes, Image
Angel Image

I just read this, and the thread you advised. In the immortals words of Homer Simpson....DOH!
It's so damn hard not to look being a mild hypochondriac with some ocd tendencies.
Chesty
Fibre Addict

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion